No car tax ok for some

Today I drove through Page Hall and saw 5 cars not displaying tax discs and later I passed Concord junior school entrance on Newman Drive and there were 4 more cars with no tax disc. Obviously if I state that all the cars mentioned had the letters SK before the reg number I will be classed as racist. I have thought of buying some plates with those letters on. But seriously are these cars legally on the road and are they insured ? Any ideas who to report this offence to.

Thanks

There are cars and lorries parked around here with F,CH,E etc they haven't got 'tax discs' either- maybe its because they do not need them.

In the same way you don't have to pay the equivalent when you travel to Europe.

You and they have to make sure that the vehicle is insured and complies with local rules.

You and they can use the vehicle in another country for 3 months in a year and be able to prove that you area resident of the country the car is registered in.

Today I drove through Page Hall and saw 5 cars not displaying tax discs and later I passed Concord junior school entrance on Newman Drive and there were 4 more cars with no tax disc. Obviously if I state that all the cars mentioned had the letters SK before the reg number I will be classed as racist. I have thought of buying some plates with those letters on. But seriously are these cars legally on the road and are they insured ? Any ideas who to report this offence to.

Thanks

I see a small red car around Brightside school same sk reg.Always packed full to the brim with adults and children.No tax disc on display.No seat belts used.

Should report them for no tax, if you think they don't have it. Especially if kids are being driven around without seatbelts.

Not always easy to get when you are walking with a couple of children in tow or I would.But then again would anything come of it.

A lot of the countries on mainland Europe don't use Tax disks but the cars are checked and a label is put on the actual number plate. In Germany I understand that the two labels on the number plate represent the annual car tax payment and the 24 month MOT check.

In the UK we are very behind the times by restricting our views with paper ticket on the front windscreen to say we have paid car tax.

Yes I do know and understand the 3 month rule and that haulage companies travel on their local licences but the vehicles I have mentioned have been doing it for many months. Two weeks ago I pulled up at firth park to drop someone off and my back wheels rested on double yellow lines and was immediately approached by two police, at the same time two SK plated cars drove past and the police never batted an eye what's all that about?

Archived