No car tax ok for some

Two weeks ago I pulled up at firth park to drop someone off and my back wheels rested on double yellow lines and was immediately approached by two police, at the same time two SK plated cars drove past and the police never batted an eye what's all that about?

What it's all about is that parking on double yellow lines is an offence whereas driving a SK car isn't.

They just abolished tax disks - you don't get one anymore. You still pay the tax of course.

I just renewed my tax disc and got a paper disc, I have also see 2015 ones, so I don't know when they are stopping issuing them, but its not yet. I know brand new cars don't have visible tax discs.

I just renewed my tax disc and got a paper disc, I have also see 2015 ones, so I don't know when they are stopping issuing them, but its not yet. I know brand new cars don't have visible tax discs.

No more to be issued from 1/10/14.:)

They just abolished tax disks - you don't get one anymore. You still pay the tax of course.

Just renewed car tax, and was told that from October this year you will not be issued with disc as this is now all on computer and can be checked by police along with your insurance and MOT

You can drive on a foreign number plate on a temporary basis

https://www.gov.uk/importing-vehicles-into-the-uk/temporary-imports

---------- Post added 05-03-2014 at 18:21 ----------

This is the info about stopping issuing paper tax discs and also info about how you can pay by direct debit https://www.gov.uk/government/news/direct-debit-and-abolition-of-the-tax-disc

Yes I do know and understand the 3 month rule and that haulage companies travel on their local licences but the vehicles I have mentioned have been doing it for many months. Two weeks ago I pulled up at firth park to drop someone off and my back wheels rested on double yellow lines and was immediately approached by two police, at the same time two SK plated cars drove past and the police never batted an eye what's all that about?

You seem to have gleaned an awful lot of information from your morning drive round the suburbs.

Today I drove through Page Hall and saw 5 cars not displaying tax discs and later I passed Concord junior school entrance on Newman Drive and there were 4 more cars with no tax disc. Obviously if I state that all the cars mentioned had the letters SK before the reg number I will be classed as racist. I have thought of buying some plates with those letters on. But seriously are these cars legally on the road and are they insured ? Any ideas who to report this offence to.

Thanks

So if you took your car to France on would you immediately attempt to pay what ever the local equivalent of car tax is?

No, thought not.

You have no idea how long those cars have been in the UK, and my guess is, if you moved abroad you would try and get away with it. Grow up. There are more important things to get bitter and twisted about.

So if you took your car to France on would you immediately attempt to pay what ever the local equivalent of car tax is?

No, thought not.

You have no idea how long those cars have been in the UK, and my guess is, if you moved abroad you would try and get away with it. Grow up. There are more important things to get bitter and twisted about.

Some people are never happy unless they are bitter and twisted

Archived