New bosses, now to lose jobs

Oh joy of joy - another part of the DWP to be hived off to another French IT firm.

Look what happened ATOS took over part of the functioning of the DWP, that was a rip roaring success:rolleyes:

Yes I do feel sad for those members of staff that are to lose their jobs.

I sometimes wished that those who make the decisions should have to be subject to things like Compulsory Competitive Tendering, outsoucing, performance related pay, league tables and the rest of it.

I bet they'd turn their noses up at such a suggestion....

Why can they not be transferred into the new company ? Is it because it is in France, and that French law do not allow TUPE to work ? Sneaky if this is the case.

We were already TUPE into the new company (SCCL) from DWP in November. They are closing our office. There are no Steria/SSCL in Sheffield minus the one we are in now. Even we do not know for sure where our work is going (HR/Payroll for DWP staff). There are other buildings being kept open in England.

We can guess, but I don't believe it is France. There could be job opportunities around the country and there could be a chance of some staff going back to Civil Service (which hasn't been reported in the news), but I know for sure I can't move. I have a commitment caring for my mother.

I need to have a job in Sheffield.

They don't make a profit unless they have happy customers!

They have to work damn hard to give good service.

Public service workers have to work damned hard to give a good service. And even then they're shat on

Public service workers have to work damned hard to give a good service. And even then they're shat on

This. Even when people slag them down. We still have to do the job at the end of it. Well used to do the job under Public.

Archived