Drone flying overhead Neepsend

The TDF helicopter was flying really low, so I dunno if anyone flying a drone would get in trouble because of it???

---------- Post added 08-07-2014 at 14:53 ----------

you can buy a very good quadcopter/drone dji phantom for 350 ready to fly with loads of features

returns to home if signal lost ect ect ect........

will fly 1500 feet with ease

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSE_xc2ZoGQ

This guy got his DJI Phantom 2 upto 3609 ft

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/07/07/high_flying_quadcopter/

These things are incredible, I bought a mini one (size of my palm) to get used to flying one and when I took my bigger one out and flew it over my area from my drive-way I could see some confused faces further down the street

this isn't me but here's a cool video done with a drone at a firework show:

Edited by HJO-1403

The TDF helicopter was flying really low, so I dunno if anyone flying a drone would get in trouble because of it???

---------- Post added 08-07-2014 at 14:53 ----------

The helicopters picked up several drones during the first few days of the TdF and they were commented upon by those presenting the programme, along with a warning not to take any of them over the airspace above Buckingham Palace (that being a protected airspace).

there are a few rules to quadcopters

first of you cant fly them within so may feet of anybody unless the people are with you

you cant fly them out of field of view and dont h=think you are suppose to fly them within 600 metres of a public place

You're also not allowed to fly them in public parks, only aircraft on strings are allowed. I bet that's an ancient rule that's never been updated.

The last time I saw an aircraft on a string was in the comics in the early 80s. Someone like Walter the Softy would be flying one and Dennis the Menace would cut the string, but it would fly into his dad's head and then he'd be slippered.

there are a few rules to quadcopters

first of you cant fly them within so may feet of anybody unless the people are with you

you cant fly them out of field of view and dont h=think you are suppose to fly them within 600 metres of a public place

You're also not allowed to fly them in public parks, only aircraft on strings are allowed. I bet that's an ancient rule that's never been updated.

The last time I saw an aircraft on a string was in the comics in the early 80s. Someone like Walter the Softy would be flying one and Dennis the Menace would cut the string, but it would fly into his dad's head and then he'd be slippered.

Presumably there'll be some links to these 'rules'? Just so people can check them and be assured you're not just making them up :)

It varies from park to park depending on what by laws are in place. A quick Google revealed that a park in Bournemouth allows any electrically powered plane in certain areas, but there were heavier restrictions of petrol ones. Another park doesn't allow any aircraft.

Havering Council say:

(iii) No person shall (a) in the ground release any power-driven model aircraft for flight or control the flight of such an aircraft; or (b) cause such an aircraft to take off or land in the ground, unless it is attached to a control line and is kept under effective control.

Some specify you must be a member of http://www.bmfa.org/ and public liability insurance is a must.

Sadly the days of park entrances having notice boards with the rules and bylaws (and "parkies") are long gone.

Edited by alchresearch

I fly drone's on norton college at meadowhead most nights if anyone would like to try and fly one come on up to Norton college take control of my drones ..the offer is they:D if you are interested send me a pm on here so I know what drone to take with me

Edited by pocket