Jobseekers conned out of money by scammers on Universal Jobmatch

Upto a third of million adverts on the Government's flagship Universal Jobmatch website are fraudulent or duplicate according to Frank Field

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/mar/05/government-universal-jobmatch-website-fraud

Some have even been conned out of their benefits by scammers pretending to be employers. There was already concern raised by staff in the recent past that jobs advertised were for sex workers

This is a complete disgrace.

First we had the Government forcing jobseekers to fill out a meaningless psychmetric test that was fake - covered here (http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1162734&highlight=psychometric+tests

There's been a huge problem with Atos & their the fall out from their assessments, and the impact it's had on people (many of whom have died).

Now we learn that jobseekers could be sanctioned for not applying for jobs that don't even exist!

EDIT: (Apparently one woman had her benefits cut after applying for too many jobs - http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/02/woman-had-benefits-sanctioned-after-applying-for-too-many-jobs/ :hihi:)

This has happened twice to someone I know, (the scam jobs.) Both continued to be on the jobcentre's website even after he pointed them out to advisors.

It makes you wonder how many of the jobs that ministers say are in the economy are really there.....

I said this before in another thread. The jobs advertised have no jobs behind them, and they are "holding ads" to get the people's CV through the door first even before recruiting. I thought that this is an industrial known standard.

I am surprised though that there are actual fraudulent activities going on. Which is to pay to get your background checked first. When I first started job hunting, all my friends told me NOT to pay a single penny at all. Cos it is not down to me to pay this kind of thing but the employers should do this background checks. Or in reality, it should be the recruitment agencies who do this. Most just asks for a passport scanned photo or a driving license and so forth for their own records.

Well, this is actually good news because it means that the government will put down tighter industrial control and policies and really enable the true number of jobs to be advertised and push out the number of scams that exist out there, or those "wishy washy" small time agencies that dilutes the industry so much and confuse everyone. I hope something concrete comes out of this.

Also, by law, you should specify if you will join a certain agency and want them to represent you first before you are put forward for a job as well. Because this is also a legal requirement as I understand it. You can choose which agency to represent you when applying for a job. If you went against this later on, got the job either directly or through another agency, then you will be fined by the agency that you agreed with. Cos this agency should get the commission first. If I recall, there is indeed something within the employment law that governs this aspect too.

It makes you wonder how many of the jobs that ministers say are in the economy are really there.....

The job figures are as fictional as the unemployment figures.

Also a few aquaintences who work for agencies have to pay up to £20 a month in 'administration charges' just to get paid.

Is this common practice?

Also a few aquaintences who work for agencies have to pay up to £20 a month in 'administration charges' just to get paid.

Is this common practice?

I've worked for different agencies and never has to pay them. I always assumed they were paying me X amount and charging their fee to the client by adding an extra fiver an hour or whatever?

Is this common practice?

your mate got it cheap i know someone paying £20 a week:suspect:

Scams have been going on under the watch of every government unfortunately, and some of the worst scammers were right under the noses of the last Labour government, including the bankers , MPs expenses and A4E, no wonder the good people of this country voted them out ?

Archived