Jobseekers conned out of money by scammers on Universal Jobmatch

Scams have been going on under the watch of every government unfortunately, and some of the worst scammers were right under the noses of the last Labour government, including the bankers , MPs expenses and A4E, no wonder the good people of this country voted them out ?
and this lot have changed all that have they :huh:

Scams have been going on under the watch of every government unfortunately, and some of the worst scammers were right under the noses of the last Labour government, including the bankers , MPs expenses and A4E, no wonder the good people of this country voted them out ?

Oh dear, feeling hot under the collar?

---------- Post added 07-03-2014 at 20:55 ----------

The 1980s were terrible for youth unemployment YOP, YTS were all failures just to try and fudge the unemployment figures

If I was out of work, certainly based on my experiences when I was out of work the last place I would look for a job would be the jobcentre. There were boards of crap non/made up jobs 20 years ago. Not much has changed it would appear.

Shouldn't someone complain about this and get this changed ?

I just remember going into the Sheffield Job Centre many moons ago, and I was actually quite scared of what may happen. I did not sign on in the end, and I have stuck to my gun since then. It really is a very demoralising place, and you do get treated very badly and people assume so much from you. A friend also worked for a short period of time in one of the London Borough as an officer in a job centre, and he said that he will never go back there again. He also ended up as self employed. Never looked back since.

I never said that they had, what's your point :huh:

Oh dear, feeling hot under the collar?

Strange comment (no surprise there really), how on earth can you gauge collar heat from that ? :loopy:

The 1980s were terrible for youth unemployment YOP, YTS were all failures just to try and fudge the unemployment figures

Like I said governments have always allowed scams, especially when it comes to fiddling un/employment figures, Labour are no exception, are you deluded enough to thing your beloved Labour party are any better than the Tories :roll:

I never said that they had, what's your point :huh:

Strange comment (no surprise there really), how on earth can you gauge collar heat from that ? :loopy:

Like I said governments have always allowed scams, especially when it comes to fiddling un/employment figures, Labour are no exception, are you deluded enough to thing your beloved Labour party are any better than the Tories :roll:

No, why do you ask? But look back over the years

No, why do you ask? But look back over the years

So it is labour that massaged figures and put made up/non jobs on the boards then? They were in charge in 1999 and I saw plenty. They both do it. Actually, let me rephrase that - they are both in charge when this happened. I bet this goes without their knowledge and is done at an office level. You can't have a jobcentre without any jobs in it, that would be daft.

So it is labour that massaged figures and put made up/non jobs on the boards then? They were in charge in 1999 and I saw plenty. They both do it. Actually, let me rephrase that - they are both in charge when this happened. I bet this goes without their knowledge and is done at an office level. You can't have a jobcentre without any jobs in it, that would be daft.

I said they all do it, the current muppets do it far more nastier than anyone else. And stop trying to pass the blame or at least trying to equalise it because everyone knows it won't work. (pun)

The old systems were useless and the new ones are too. Doesn't matter who is in charge.

You have to question why DWP even bother to have a vacancies system at all, and why the Tories spent tens of millions of pounds to commission a new one. The recruitment market is something that the private sector is probably much better at managing and there was no real need (noting Tory belief in the private sector) to funnel additional cash to a company that was already operating in the private sector. The only reason of course is that the DWP wanted the new system to spy on people so DWP staff could find reasons for taking their benefits away.

Upto a third of million adverts on the Government's flagship Universal Jobmatch website are fraudulent or duplicate according to Frank Field

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/mar/05/government-universal-jobmatch-website-fraud

Some have even been conned out of their benefits by scammers pretending to be employers. There was already concern raised by staff in the recent past that jobs advertised were for sex workers

This is a complete disgrace.

First we had the Government forcing jobseekers to fill out a meaningless psychmetric test that was fake - covered here (http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1162734&highlight=psychometric+tests

There's been a huge problem with Atos & their the fall out from their assessments, and the impact it's had on people (many of whom have died).

Now we learn that jobseekers could be sanctioned for not applying for jobs that don't even exist!

EDIT: (Apparently one woman had her benefits cut after applying for too many jobs - http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/02/woman-had-benefits-sanctioned-after-applying-for-too-many-jobs/ :hihi:)

On the ball as per usual Mister M.

Archived