Only buy specials at supermarket,saving 500 per year

Total saving over 3k per year.

Never eat chocolate,for last 7 weeks anyway,saving 250 per year

No visits anymore to ladies of the night, saving 1k per year

Stopped buying all junk food,saving 1k per year

Conscious now of how many miles I drive,saving 500 per year

Only buy specials at supermarket,saving 500 per year

Total saving over 3k per year.

Is there any pleasure left in your life though?

My parents were brought up during the war so had very frugal habits. Tiny handwriting (to use less paper) and my Mum even used to wash plastic bags to re-use them. Some of their habits passed on to me, but not the one about only using one square of loo paper for a pee, and two for a ****.

I work hard, only have one life so if I want something I have it and don't see why I or anyone else shouldn't! However, because I work hard I spend my own money but am completely and utterly against people buying luxuries when living on benefits (unless disabled).

I hate to see food getting wasted but can't explain where that has come from as I can't remember it being something my parents went on about, but I regularly buy new things foe the house and give the other stuff to people who can use them as there's nothing wrong with them, just seen something new that I like.

Last year we gave a house full of furniture to a victim of domestic violence who had fled a relationship with two young girls and set up home with nothing, we delivered it all free of charge and helped her set it up and she only went and bloody sold it all......now that really annoyed me!!

I pick pennies up when I see them on pavements. I just think it's disrespectful to leave coinage on the floor. I buy cheap veggies from the greengrocer, nobody cares if a pepper or mushroom was a bit soft when they're eating a curry.

I'm not tight, I've blown £7000k on a holiday and can happily pay £100 for a meal out, but I know the value of money and don't waste it and I don't see the point of paying full price when reduced stuff is just as good.

Prudence, tis the watchword!

I pick pennies up when I see them on pavements. I just think it's disrespectful to leave coinage on the floor. I buy cheap veggies from the greengrocer, nobody cares if a pepper or mushroom was a bit soft when they're eating a curry.

I'm not tight, I've blown £7000k on a holiday and can happily pay £100 for a meal out, but I know the value of money and don't waste it and I don't see the point of paying full price when reduced stuff is just as good.

Prudence, tis the watchword!

£7000k on holiday?!?!?!!? Did you go to the moon?!??

Being frugal rocks so hard that it will give your finances whiplash. I’m not talking about the car accident kind. No, I’m talking about the good kind of whiplash. You know, the kind you get after a night at a Slayer concert – or whoever it is that the kids are listening to these days. If you are thinking about taking the frugality leap for yourself, here are six reasons why being frugal will rock your world.

Archived