Ancient technology more advanced than ours??

could there have been a more advanced civilization?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. could there have been a more advanced civilization?

• Definitely not, there'd be evidence of it.
    • Definitely not, but I'd consider alien involvement
    • yes, I think it's possible that there could have been and all evidence has gone
    • Not sure/other

Remember, tge pyramids were landing pads, stargate showed us the facts lol

I reckon the pyramids is the visible parts of the roof of an ancient Egyptian indoor shopping complex. There'll be a 'house of pharaoh' somewhere in there!!;)

Okay I have actually thought about this before it is crazy how some of those pyramids and statues etc were built hundreds and hundred of years ago when they supposedly had nothing in terms of what we have to day in computers engines and power tools.

I thought if you took a large group of people and asked them to build something like a pyramid or other huge heavy structure giving them nothing but a few basic tools could they even come close to building it - probably not my thought So how on earth did they build them back then I can't get my head round it. Some of those stones weigh tonnes you would have a bit of a struggle today to even move one argh it's crazy thinking about it lol.

So if you believe this.. 'yes, I think it's possible that there could have been and all evidence has gone' how can the evidence just go I am just wondering I believe it but it makes me wonder where can it have just gone?

Has someone been given a Star Gate box set ?

---------- Post added 06-03-2014 at 23:05 ----------

Remember, tge pyramids were landing pads, stargate showed us the facts lol

I knew it, as I was typing Star Gate comes into it :hihi:

It was only a matter of time :D

Okay I have actually thought about this before it is crazy how some of those pyramids and statues etc were built hundreds and hundred of years ago when they supposedly had nothing in terms of what we have to day in computers engines and power tools.

I thought if you took a large group of people and asked them to build something like a pyramid or other huge heavy structure giving them nothing but a few basic tools could they even come close to building it - probably not my thought So how on earth did they build them back then I can't get my head round it. Some of those stones weigh tonnes you would have a bit of a struggle today to even move one argh it's crazy thinking about it lol.

So if you believe this.. 'yes, I think it's possible that there could have been and all evidence has gone' how can the evidence just go I am just wondering I believe it but it makes me wonder where can it have just gone?

What makes you think that ?

Well yeah if you took a group of random people they'd certainly struggle, but that's not what happened with the pyramids, they were an advanced stone working culture, and had skilled people.

I remember coming across this last year and it's quite relevant to this thread, a possible explanation of how the pyramids were built:

Well so much for evidence, fact, scientific revelations ans ay objectivity whatsoever, BRILLIANT!!!

The pharaohs as discovered recently were enjoying cocaine, ad the world has changed a lot since eve civilisation AS we know it, started. The sea has risen, hence the North Sea where once was land, a global occurrence, wiping out a lot of human history, as people and animals tend to like the environment of lowlands, which are often near the coast. 350 foot rise in sea level, would have devastated humanity, ad as we know made a deep impression, as recorded in myths, stories, and legend.

So from what we know people used tools of bone and stone, played with fire, created pottery which led to metals and eventually to the modern age.

The believed that god/gods were the cause of seismic activity, the weather, and all sort

of other mishaps. What we see as technology in the past would be see as magic.

We are the same sort of people, thinking and doing similar things but we are technologically advanced eve if on a personal, social and cultural level we are not as advanced as one might suspect since we parted from a common ancestor of the chimpanzees.

But ignorance, is really just another religion, where people are provided with simplistic explanations for reasons and events, and why not think the people that built Stonehenge were more advanced, and also Father Christmas is a reality, ad fairies dance at midnight in deep dark forests. Do not investigate on the internet to find anything out, as learning stuff is boring when you ca talk crap to equals

York minster was built almost a thousand years ago when most of the (much smaller) population was living in wood and straw huts with their animals, and tools were still at a very basic level, yet the craftmanship is exquisite and the level of skill simply breathtaking.

But no one thinks it was built by spacemen do they? The pyramids, admittedly built earlier, were actually a fairly simple structure and certainly not beyond the skill of the people around at the time.

What I mean is it you would need a big crane or machine to move one I am just comparing it on the basis if they didn't have themachine we have to move that sorry.

ramps and log rollers would work just fine with no need for a crane!