Ancient technology more advanced than ours??

could there have been a more advanced civilization?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. could there have been a more advanced civilization?

• Definitely not, there'd be evidence of it.
    • Definitely not, but I'd consider alien involvement
    • yes, I think it's possible that there could have been and all evidence has gone
    • Not sure/other

What I mean is it you would need a big crane or machine to move one I am just comparing it on the basis if they didn't have themachine we have to move that sorry.

No,you'd just need a lot of people... bit like the Egyptians used..

How certain is it that this period of the earths history is the most scientifically and technologically advanced it has ever been?

What with ancient wonders such as the pyramids whose design and precision is shrouded in mystery and intrigue and still astounds and baffles us making us question how such primitive(in comparison to now)skill and technology could create such precision and symmetry.

Then there's Stonehenge whose stones(for want of a better word)are apparently only found in a region that is several hundred miles away from their current location.

So, what do you think.. Could there be something in it?

If you want to build something big the simplest design is a pyramid. The mechanisms used to build the pyramids is pretty well understood. No great mystery, no particular degree of precision involved. The evolution in pyramid design is quite clear from archaeological finds, there are even plenty of example of where they got it wrong.

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/pyramidevolution.htm

jb

Okay I have actually thought about this before it is crazy how some of those pyramids and statues etc were built hundreds and hundred of years ago when they supposedly had nothing in terms of what we have to day in computers engines and power tools.

I thought if you took a large group of people and asked them to build something like a pyramid or other huge heavy structure giving them nothing but a few basic tools could they even come close to building it - probably not my thought So how on earth did they build them back then I can't get my head round it. Some of those stones weigh tonnes you would have a bit of a struggle today to even move one argh it's crazy thinking about it lol.

So if you believe this.. 'yes, I think it's possible that there could have been and all evidence has gone' how can the evidence just go I am just wondering I believe it but it makes me wonder where can it have just gone?

Knock yourself out.

http://dlib.etc.ucla.edu/projects/Karnak/assets/media/resources/ConstructionMethodsAndBuildingMaterials/guide.pdf

http://forum.egyptiandreams.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2213

jb

How certain is it that this period of the earths history is the most scientifically and technologically advanced it has ever been?

What with ancient wonders such as the pyramids whose design and precision is shrouded in mystery and intrigue and still astounds and baffles us making us question how such primitive(in comparison to now)skill and technology could create such precision and symmetry.

Then there's Stonehenge whose stones(for want of a better word)are apparently only found in a region that is several hundred miles away from their current location.

So, what do you think.. Could there be something in it?

No.

There'd be evidence of any advanced civilisation.

Be that, ash from cook fires, different deposits from widespread use of fossil fuel, radioactive isotopes from nuclear power, etc...

Also we'd find areas where things like rare earths should exist, but had been extracted, and the same for other ores.

• 2 years later...

Whatever your point of view, this video is worth watching just to see Some of the most amazing ancient sites around the world .

In many cases, there is no explanation for how these were built other than techniques and machinery with capabilities beyond what we have today.

All evidence says they weren't slaves.

This is wrong. The only evidence we have is they lived in pretty good conditions. There is nothing to prove they were or were not slaves. We don't know either way. However, if you want a slave to perform his or her job well, you need to give them good food and the ability to rest, especially when the projects are massive such as the Pyramid of Khufu at Giza.

Okay I have actually thought about this before it is crazy how some of those pyramids and statues etc were built hundreds and hundred of years ago when they supposedly had nothing in terms of what we have to day in computers engines and power tools.

I thought if you took a large group of people and asked them to build something like a pyramid or other huge heavy structure giving them nothing but a few basic tools could they even come close to building it - probably not my thought So how on earth did they build them back then I can't get my head round it. Some of those stones weigh tonnes you would have a bit of a struggle today to even move one argh it's crazy thinking about it lol.

So if you believe this.. 'yes, I think it's possible that there could have been and all evidence has gone' how can the evidence just go I am just wondering I believe it but it makes me wonder where can it have just gone?

theyve recreated stuff like moving stones for the pyramids and stonehenge in recent...ish times, it worked, dont forget the stones for stonehenge are massive and came from the welsh hills to avebury