Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

This is the letter I used last week for a PCN received at Meadowhall Retail Park, I sent it on Monday and received a letter back on Thursday waiving the charge. I sent it with proof of postage only and do not sign just type in the name who the charge was sent too.

Good luck

Dear G24,

This is an appeal against the charge issued to the vehicle with the registration (Your Registration) charge reference (Insert number)

It is the registered keepers assertion that :

1. The charge is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

2. That the signage does not conform to the BPA CoP to which G24 has committed.

3. That G24 has no authority to issue charges over the land in question.

As such the charge is rejected. You should now either cancel said charge or provide a POPLA code for the registered keeper to appeal to the independent adjudicator.

Any further correspondence other than confirmation of cancellation or a POPLA code will be considered harassment and could result in legal action being taken against you.

Yours,

(Name on PCN, do not sign)

Has anybody received a parking charge for parking on the roads leading upto Doncaster airport?

I would like some advice on the correct way to deal with this situation as I have had it confirmed the land is privately owned and the charge has been sent by a private company not the police or a parking warden.

Has anybody received a parking charge for parking on the roads leading upto Doncaster airport?

I would like some advice on the correct way to deal with this situation as I have had it confirmed the land is privately owned and the charge has been sent by a private company not the police or a parking warden.

You may wish to have a read of this thread over at Pepipoo

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=84549&hl=doncaster

Also I'd have a search within that section of the site for similar threads, like so;

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=8adfbc4f8840ee85dccbe3b5986709a0&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=%2Bdoncaster

And a completed case summary here;

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=86011&hl=doncaster

Parked in Decathlon today whilst visiting the market. Fully expected my first ever PCN, but nowt. :(

Will have to try Staples next time. :D

You might well receive their junk mail in the post in a week or do .

Good chance you will get one from Staples.......... ive had loads :hihi::hihi:

Ive given them plenty of chances to chance their arm and take me to court , but they never have . Might see if i can hook myself one from the Bradfield Rd car park in Hillsbro .

Penistone999 and megalithic....are you both still certain these 'parking notices' can be ignored?

I've never had one before and this is from a company who patrol the private land near Doncaster airport.

Penistone999 and megalithic....are you both still certain these 'parking notices' can be ignored?

I've never had one before and this is from a company who patrol the private land near Doncaster airport.

Do not ignore mate, the rules have changed, they will pursue it, and you could end up with a CCJ !