Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

That's a wonderful way to treat their customers. Why build shops with an adjacent car park and then give people fines for parking their to use the said same shops

Look at the website link I gave before for info and advice whether to appeal or just ignore

I'd also write to the shops esp the one where you have the receipt for and say that you won't be shopping there again. Perhaps the shops can put pressure on the land owners etc

I would agree with that people need to complain to the stores because whilst I agree that parking in the areas in question may make it difficult for deliveries there should be yellow marking stating no parking to make it more clear for customers.

I would agree with that people need to complain to the stores because whilst I agree that parking in the areas in question may make it difficult for deliveries there should be yellow marking stating no parking to make it more clear for customers.

My bold:- I would imagine when the car park was marked out they assumed that motorists are intelligent enough to know where NOT to park so as to obstruct access to loading areas or where traffic flow is impeaded by their stupid parking. I would assume the clearly positioned signs around the parking area clearly state words to the effect of "park in marked bays only".

Once again we have a driver who can`t be a###d to park properley and then comes on here moaning about the consequences. Wether it is council or private parking if you obey the rules and use some COMMON SENSE you won`t get a fine/pcn/speculative invoice will you.

Do not pay this fine. It is non enforceable, only council ones are legal. You are a fool to even contact them. I had one, ignored all threatening letters, which were saying it was going up, going to court. Ignored & ignored until they gave up. Know loads of people who have had them not just from that particular car park. Ignore it. End of.

---------- Post added 21-03-2015 at 23:49 ----------

Seek as much legal advice as you want but they will tell you same. ignore.

That is poor advice. Do not ignore, the law has been changed.

Follow the procedure, go to POPLA, you will win.

has any one had a parking ticket when parking in Iceland / home bargains car park just off Penistone road , I parked last week just to the right went in was gone only 10 mins and came out to a ticket not sure why is it the gym parking area either way have I got to pay or does anyone think I should appeal I didn't see any signs but I thought that it was all shops car park I knew there was a gym but thought there car park was around the back , not sure as I need to pay or appeal or ignore . thanks:confused:

Just come back from a month away and my wife has a ticket from G24 for parking in B&M Hillsborough. Hands up she did but received ticket while away so could not get the early payment discount. I Google to get a telephone number to explain but also came up in Google Martin Lewis forum that this is a scam. I am prepared to pay but any feedback would be welcome Alan