Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Today I thought I would do a bit of last minute xmas shopping at drake house retail park, and treat the kids to McDonald's for lunch, however the car park at McDonald's was full so I parked on the road outside.

We had lunch and went back to the car, when I discovered I'd got a ticket from uk parking control ltd. it was only when I looked around that I saw the signs on the wall opposite telling me I couldn't park there.

Drake House is run by Wilkinson Williams and they will have appointed UKPC. You should appeal to UKPC and get a POPLA code to kill it at POPLA. Or drop an email to WW and ask them to get it cancelled as a genuine customer. Email is: p.phillips@wilkinsonwilliams.co.uk

Can you elaborate? Must have missed something.

He scammed a load of people (including forumers) with a website where you payed him £16 and he'd get rid of the ppc. He took the money and ran.

Oh, and he's a convicted sex offender!!

Edited by Bonjon

Hello all, I would like a bit of help/advice please. I've got a Parking Notice Charge from a company called Parking Eye. I parked in one of "their" car parks for 18 minutes without paying. The problem was that the payment meter was out of action and covered with a ...cover...and although I looked i could not see another machine (there probably was one but I couldn't see it) and I checked other vehicles, there was plenty not displaying tickets. What is the current procedure, have I grounds for appeal and what do i do apart from the obvious of paying the charge. Also it says I have 14 days to pay the reduced amount which will be 31st.Dec. I only received the letter yesterday (22nd) although it says it was issued on the 17th. Help/advice will be appreciated. Mant thanks and best wishes.

Can you elaborate? Must have missed something.

Mega, See here on Pepipoo and also the very first link in that particular thread is worth a read as well

---------- Post added 23-12-2015 at 21:28 ----------

Hello all, I would like a bit of help/advice please. I've got a Parking Notice Charge from a company called Parking Eye. I parked in one of "their" car parks for 18 minutes without paying. The problem was that the payment meter was out of action and covered with a ...cover...and although I looked i could not see another machine (there probably was one but I couldn't see it) and I checked other vehicles, there was plenty not displaying tickets. What is the current procedure, have I grounds for appeal and what do i do apart from the obvious of paying the charge. Also it says I have 14 days to pay the reduced amount which will be 31st.Dec. I only received the letter yesterday (22nd) although it says it was issued on the 17th. Help/advice will be appreciated. Mant thanks and best wishes.

You may wish to READ THIS, I've no link with the site, nor have I used the guide.

Drake House is run by Wilkinson Williams and they will have appointed UKPC. You should appeal to UKPC and get a POPLA code to kill it at POPLA. Or drop an email to WW and ask them to get it cancelled as a genuine customer. Email is: p.phillips@wilkinsonwilliams.co.uk

The signs would appear to be a bit odd. GSV LINK going out of the estate. Clearway ends onside, clearway starts on the other.

These would seem the be the relevant UKPC signs, but OP states parked opposite, where there don't seem to be any signs on GSV, so presumably some grounds for POPLA appeal there?

Are you the same emanresu from Pepipoo?