Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Received a parking ticket tonight at valley centertainment.... As did lots of other vehicles. Granted I wasn't parked in an area with white parking bay lines but I wasn't parked on double or single yellows either and not on the path. I plan on contesting it and see what happens.

Anyway has anyone ever had a parking ticket from there and simply not paid it? It's a private car park not council owned I believe or at least the security firm is private as it was not issued by a traffic warden. I vaguely remember someone with a bit of legal knowledge telling me that these such parking tickets were not worth the paper they were printed on and to totally ignore it.

Can anyone give me any advice from knowledge or experience?

The fine is £60 and goes upto £100 if not paid within a couple of weeks.

It has all the legal jargon on the back regarding non payments leading to county court judgements and so forth.... But having watched my fair share of 'can't pay we'll take it away' I know that county court judgements are a waste of time too if you really want to get what's owed to you!!!!

Like I said I'm not legally educated nor am I a one man crime fighter against cowboy clampers but I would like to know where I stand and if you could help that would be fantastic.

Cheers Ricky

---------- Post added 29-07-2016 at 20:47 ----------

The company is UKCPS LTD based in Leeds

Edited by rickyd48

Thanks for that, I will keep an eye out

Happily the alleged contravention (it wasn't a contravention, we paid and didn't overstay) was just over 6 years ago (May 2010). Otherwise, what a load of rigmarole to go through to defend a court claim. My only slight worry is that they may have applied to court just within time and the papers haven't come through. Just about to go away for 2 weeks as well, so hoping that nothing comes through while I'm away.

Does anybody know exactly when the POFA thing came into being? I've been googling for ages and can't find anything. Need to send BW Legal a letter and it would be good to have got my facts right. PCN (alledged) contravention took place May 2012. Ta.

my uneducated opinion would be, if the original parking company has passed it on to a debt recovery agency, there is little chance you will be taken to court over the charge, but take note of my bold.

Does anybody know exactly when the POFA thing came into being? I've been googling for ages and can't find anything. Need to send BW Legal a letter and it would be good to have got my facts right. PCN (alledged) contravention took place May 2012. Ta.

This Guidance would suggest 1st October 2012, but do read it yourself.

This Guidance would suggest 1st October 2012, but do read it yourself.

Thanks for that, it does say 1st October. Seems Vehicle Control Services Limited have been passing on/selling information illegally. BW Legal are flouting the very law they claim to be expert in ... as well as leaving pestering phone messages at my girlfriend's house, which is worrying the hell out of her. Seems a bit like harassment to me.

Thanks for that, it does say 1st October. Seems Vehicle Control Services Limited have been passing on/selling information illegally. BW Legal are flouting the very law they claim to be expert in ... as well as leaving pestering phone messages at my girlfriend's house, which is worrying the hell out of her. Seems a bit like harassment to me.

If that is the case, you may wish to mention it to the Data Protection Registrar. ;)