Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

ASDA manor top did my shopping then went library. Then round to bank, back to library then back to Asda time according to the letter I received 1.26 minutes stuck to my car was the parking fine, pay in 2weeks 40.00 or later 70.00 has any one else received a ticket at Asda. And have you paid ?

the company is ParkingEye The time limit a handsworth Asda is 3hours

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a CHARGE NOTICE from the above company for parking in car park n Bradfield road, hillsborough, Sheffield for 17 minutes over the allotted time of 90 minutes!

Yes I'm guilty. We were having a meal at the Indian restaurant on Bradfield road. Pay up or not?

EDIT: I ended up paying the ticket. I was in the wrong, I knew the rules. Just think it's bad that you can't go for a nice meal without clock watching all time. Sad for businesses around there.

Also couldn't have coped with stress of fighting it

Edited by chocki

Just had a CHARGE NOTICE from the above company for parking in car park n Bradfield road, hillsborough, Sheffield for 17 minutes over the allotted time of 90 minutes!

Yes I'm guilty. We were having a meal at the Indian restaurant on Bradfield road. Pay up or not?

Same happened to me.

However, when I was parked there the car park was in total darkness and empty so the signage wasn't visible.

I filmed it the night I received the charge notice, again in darkness.

A letter has been sent politely refusing the charge, highlighting the hazard.

Yesterday I drove past after 10 and noticed they'd switched one security light on.

I'll wait to hear if I'm being pursued for the £85.

Quick summary.

Got a letter from a debt recovery firm about 2 months ago wanting £160. Thought it was a joke, got another a few weeks later, rang up to see what this was about, turns out it was from a parking ticket issued 3/1/2015, asked for evidence of "offence", they've since emailed 4 photos of car parked out of marked bay, showing car parked over double yellows and with ticket on windscreen.I have no recollection of parking here and the missus says she would only park like that to pick the lad up.

I have had no letters chasing me up or have been aware of this, I have paid when missus has overstayed at Bradfield road, so not trying to dodge a fine, just wondered if I should challenge this, and if so how, as they state in the email the time for appealing has passed, or just pay it and make it go away?

Opinions?

Quick summary.

Got a letter from a debt recovery firm about 2 months ago wanting £160. Thought it was a joke, got another a few weeks later, rang up to see what this was about, turns out it was from a parking ticket issued 3/1/2015, asked for evidence of "offence", they've since emailed 4 photos of car parked out of marked bay, showing car parked over double yellows and with ticket on windscreen.I have no recollection of parking here and the missus says she would only park like that to pick the lad up.

I have had no letters chasing me up or have been aware of this, I have paid when missus has overstayed at Bradfield road, so not trying to dodge a fine, just wondered if I should challenge this, and if so how, as they state in the email the time for appealing has passed, or just pay it and make it go away?

Opinions?

You don't owe anything to these third party interlopers! These debt collectors buy the debt from the private parking firm then add their own charge don't open your doors to them. The parking ticket was issued by the parking firm but now they've sold that debt on so in affect you don't owe a penny.

You don't owe anything to these third party interlopers! These debt collectors buy the debt from the private parking firm then add their own charge don't open your doors to them. The parking ticket was issued by the parking firm but now they've sold that debt on so in affect you don't owe a penny.

What happens if it goes to court?

Same outcome or judge finding in their favour and I ending up paying £3-500.00plus?

How do I fight it?

• 2 weeks later...
What happens if it goes to court?

Same outcome or judge finding in their favour and I ending up paying £3-500.00plus?

How do I fight it?

That's a big 'If'.

But you would certainly need to reply to the Court and deny liability- i.e. not answering leads to a default summons verdict against you.