Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-tayside-central-41608064

A recent story. Seems that in some instances, those parking management companies have a case.

This’ll just mean an increase in people falsely declaring bankruptcy in order to dodge their debts. Just like the Trumpet did :)

That's a big 'If'.

But you would certainly need to reply to the Court and deny liability- i.e. not answering leads to a default summons verdict against you.

If you just "deny liability" then you'll most likely still find that the judgement goes against you.

If you actually enter a decent defence and turn up on the day, well, given the changes in the law, you're not guaranteed to come away with the result you wanted.

Hello. I'm looking for advice regarding a Parking Charge Notice I received back in May/June 2016. I'm still receiving letters trying to get payment from me and threatening county court action (two more letters arrived in the post today, though I'm dubious how credible these are as they've supposedly come from the parking company and the debt recovery, but in the same envelop and dated the same?). So far I have completely ignored all correspondence and haven't made any contact with them. But I am getting increasingly worried and stressed about all of this and so I'm appealing for your advice. Regards, Chris.

Unless its from a council carpark or PCN, Don't bother paying it.

What is your view based on? I must've had had 5 or 6 letters in total, each getting more and more threatening. I'm currently in the process of buying a house and don't want the problems that CCJs can cause. I also don't want to be lumbered with court costs ☹️

Not good advice, the law has changed or shall we say redefined by the High Court. There is a large thread on here about this or you could visit the PePiPoo website. Whatever, if you get a summons do not ignore it, otherwise you will be found against by default.