Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Just got a letter through confirming the cancellation of my "PCN".....

Happy!

Kirkbylad sorted my G/F's ticket out ... instead of £160.00, she (I) paid £16.00.

No hassle on my behalf, and a very professional job. No more worries. Excellent service! :thumbsup:

Kirkbylad sorted my G/F's ticket out ... instead of £160.00, she (I) paid £16.00.

No hassle on my behalf, and a very professional job. No more worries. Excellent service! :thumbsup:

You do know you're not allowed to have two accounts on here don't you!:hihi:

I have requested a POPLA code twice now from G24, On both occasions they have 1) chose to ignore the defence and not supplied me with the documents requested (proof of ownership, true estimate of loss etc) 2) sent a final notice stating I was out of time to and therefore forgone the right to appeal to POPLA.

I now have a "debt collector" notice claiming £150. (original charge was £90.)

I have explained to G24 on 2 occasions that: 1) at the original time of the first notice I was out of the country for 4 weeks (which I can prove with visa stamps) and 2) that I would be out of the country for a further three months (also verifiable) and that any further communication would have to be by e-mail. They chose to ignore both letters.

Next ????

Had a letter (this morning) from the debt collector agency advising me that their client (G24) has instructed them to cancel the PCN. Good lads, you know it makes sense.

Be careful if this is Highview

They are now going down the contractual sum route with some new signs, so if this is a new site, it could be well be one of them

GPEOL wont wash with the contractual sum model

Any suggested reading on how to appeal against the contractual sum model? I noticed they also do Tesco in Rotherham so if it's spreading it'd be god to be pre-read on the matter.

Any suggested reading on how to appeal against the contractual sum model? I noticed they also do Tesco in Rotherham so if it's spreading it'd be god to be pre-read on the matter.

From http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

- if alleging 'contractual fee' I require that you now send me a VAT invoice by return and explain the daily rate for parking and service provided for the fee. Failure to provide this information and a VAT invoice now that I have requested it, will be considered evidence that this was not in fact a genuine offer to park for a fee and is merely a penalty which is not recoverable in contract law (as found by Mr Recorder Gibson QC, on appeal at Luton County Court in the case of Civil Enforcement v McCafferty 3YK50188 (AP476) 21/2/2014).

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/highview-parking-admit-all-their.html

I am sure that others will be along to help. However they do it - do not name the driver and DO NOT PAY.