Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

They only have to post their letter. It is assumed that you receive this within 2 working days of the date on the letter.

Oh right, well in that case, if it's assumed all post send, is received, and there is no requirement to provide proof of posting...

I posted them a check for the initial (lower) amount requested, immediately upon receipt of their invoice.

My daughter went to pick her friend up from a gym in Sheffield did not get out the car and recieved a fine it went up to £160 threatened court summons just ignored the lot over 2 years now not had another letter ��

Sometimes this might work, other times you will get a court summons. Companies can and are taking court action.

• 1 month later...

We got our County Court Claim From in the post this morning; so looks like our case is going to court. Have started a thread and been taking advice on the MSE forum, hope that works out!

Just wanted to ask if anyone here has been through this court process? If so, how did it pan out for you?

The vast majority of people don't actually turn up, with many cases winning by default.

I don't know what happens when someone actually arrives to contest the case, please keep us informed

Will do geared! :)

Did you mean the vast majority of defendants don't turn up? Or claimants?