Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Aot of cases are won by default, one of the reasons companies started taking people to court.

Yes. As I posted earlier, ignoring the 9999 'routine reminder' letters in red ink is not like ignoring a County Court Default Summons- the latter, if not defended, always entitles the plaintiff (claimant) to judgment.

Sometimes the claimant doesn't turn up.

I'm at the stage now where I'm putting together my defence; and have just under 4 weeks left to do so. There's quite a lot of research and work involved. Finding out which points of defence are applicable to my situation and are likely to carry weight with the judge.

Ordinarily, I'd say it's not worth the fight (if you consider the amount of work, vs, potential loss if we lose the case). On the other hand, I have a very dim view of these parking firms, and feel it's important to fight back, even if I lose.

Have you got an email address Waldo, I can send you the defence that my solicitor friend put together for me. Some of it might not apply, but a lot of it will I expect.

That'd be great, thanks, will send it by PM. :)

Ah, is your inbox full?

Edited by Waldo

• 2 weeks later...
Good.

If you get a "fine" from them just don't pay it.

They have no legal power.

Lots of people say that and then get a CCJ when they ignore the paperwork.

They have as much legal power as you and me which is more than enough to sue if they want to pay the filing fee.