Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Ok I've just appealed on your page how long could this take?

---------- Post added 12-05-2014 at 11:34 ----------

Ps I'm sorry for so many questions I'm just getting nervous about leaving it now, and it's saying I need to pay this £166 in the next 14 days before I may be taken to court! So I have about 8 days left to pay it!

Does anyone know who owns the land behind Iceland in Hillsborough that Highview manage?

It is urban & rural estates. I am trying to find their address but no luck yet.

---------- Post added 28-05-2014 at 00:26 ----------

Have a pcn from parking eye. Just been back tonight to same car park to look at signs for any clue as to address of land owner, which there wasn't. But what I did find was the signs stating the car park is managed by highview not parking eye. Does anyone know if they are the same company? Or if in fact they are allowed to sign with one company name and then send charges with another name?

Edited by FloridaBird

Just so you all know, I received a parking notice from vehicle control services on 12th April, sent an appeal letter which was said to be 100% successful and have received a reply that they don't accept my appeal, won't accept any further appeals and will take this further.

I rang them and spoke to a supervisor there who I ended up having a right ding dong with....they are very clearly used to dealing with unhappy people on this subject!!

If I break the law or do something unjust then I will hold my hands up and accept punishment, but 15 minutes parked at the side of a road at midnight is not causing anyone any bother or inconvenience, so I am so angry that they get away with ripping people off like they do!!

Just so you all know, I received a parking notice from vehicle control services on 12th April, sent an appeal letter which was said to be 100% successful and have received a reply that they don't accept my appeal, won't accept any further appeals and will take this further.

I rang them and spoke to a supervisor there who I ended up having a right ding dong with....they are very clearly used to dealing with unhappy people on this subject!!

If I break the law or do something unjust then I will hold my hands up and accept punishment, but 15 minutes parked at the side of a road at midnight is not causing anyone any bother or inconvenience, so I am so angry that they get away with ripping people off like they do!!

Have a look at this link http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3991623

There are many templates of appeal letters on here (this thread).....do not ignore, however, these are unenforceable invoices DO NOT PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE. Have you asked for a popla code? Have they supplied you with one? If they are going to proceed with the "enforcement" they have to supply you with a code number.

---------- Post added 28-05-2014 at 09:11 ----------

This may help...(well it worked for me)

Dear (insert name of parking company)

This is an appeal against the charge issued to the vehicle with the registration (..........) charge reference...... (.....)

It is the registered keepers assertion that :

1. The charge is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

2. That the signage does not conform to the BPA CoP to which (name of co) has committed.

3. That (parking co) has no authority to issue charges over the land in question.

As such the charge is rejected. You should now either cancel said charge or provide a POPLA code for the registered keeper to appeal to the independent adjudicator.

Any further correspondence other than confirmation of cancellation or a POPLA code will be considered harassment and could result in legal action being taken against you and your client.

Edited by mumkin