Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

So what your saying is their defence of saying their charge is a liquidated damage is actually deeming it to now be a penalty, in which case it is then un-enforceable.

Yes, that seems to be what the firm's solicitor is saying.

Sorry for delay, had to attend to puncture.

My PCN has now been cancelled, well worth £16 in my humble opinion. I didn't want the hassle of dealing with it myself, and the worry of it going to appeal and further. Neither did I want to pay £50.

Many thanks to kirkbylad.

Hi

I have a letter from parking services stating ............' we have cancelled it on this occasion' and later at teh bottom of the letter it says

'we still require a copy of the original ticket in order to cancel the fine'.

I haev sent the idiots 3 copies of the ticket online and by recorded post what do I do now as I cannot be arsed with this anymore?

They don't leave a phone number of email just an address and I dont want to spend another penny on recorded delivery which they have also faield to pay me bakc for?

Got a ticket today for parking in Bradfield Road car park for 1hour 52minutes after the shops had closed. As far as I was aware we have two hours to park there any time of day? Help please!!

All the info you need is within this thread, whether that be dealing with it yourself or letting Kirkbylad do it for you.

I have paid for a permit to park, but I didn't receive a permit. I got 7 tickets lol.

VCS said I should of parked elsewhere.

I have emailed them the info of the company that handles the lease for the landlord, but they haven't been contacted..

I have now told them I have the proof of payment and should they wish to see it they must contact me in writing and pay an administration charge.

Otherwise I shall wait and produce it in court lol

Got a ticket today for parking in Bradfield Road car park for 1hour 52minutes after the shops had closed. As far as I was aware we have two hours to park there any time of day? Help please!!

Megathlic is right, you can DIY it or we can handle it all for you.

Which ever works better for you

---------- Post added 16-06-2014 at 19:49 ----------

My PCN has now been cancelled, well worth £16 in my humble opinion. I didn't want the hassle of dealing with it myself, and the worry of it going to appeal and further. Neither did I want to pay £50.

Many thanks to kirkbylad.

Was a pleasure to help you with this.

Our second fastest cancelled ticket from time of order to email from PPC confirming cancellation.

I had an issue with Excel Parking dating from 12/12/08 when I purchased a ticket which fell off the windscreen onto the seat

I had all the letters requesting payment which I duly ignored (the advice at the time) and after two years heard nothing more

Until today when I had letter from Debt Recovery Plus asking for payment of £100 for an unpaid parking charge for the offence in 2008

If I do not pay then they will recommend court action to recover the debt

My thoughts are that this is too long after the event and is just an attempt to get me to pay (a different amount than previously asked for) however before I rip it up and bin it I just wondered whether the letter has any validity