Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Its a shame that you are so ill informed about matters such as this. They might not be able to lock you up but they can remove your car etc.

It certainly isnt a "con"

I don't have a car my wife has the car, and all my vans are on lease loan....

Yea but they're now allowed to recover the costs from the owner of the vehicle, so if you get parking tickets in your wife's car it's her that will be taken to court and not you.

That'll be interesting with my company car..... :)

Not a problem was very happy to have helped you with this :)

You were in fact our Thousandth (spelt right i hope lol)? customer!!! and our 100% record continues. Of all the work i have done over the years I have to say doing parking tickets has given me the most pleasure and the one I most passionate about doing!. It really is 7 days a week though at times.

Do I win a prize for being customer 1000?! :)

Am i correct in understanding some posters, are they saying if you are driving a company car or, leasing a car, you can park anywhere and in this city get SCC parking tickets and not pay them without fear of prosecution?

kidley

Yea but they're now allowed to recover the costs from the owner of the vehicle, so if you get parking tickets in your wife's car it's her that will be taken to court and not you.

Yea I'd like to see um try...

---------- Post added 08-07-2014 at 22:25 ----------

Am i correct in understanding some posters, are they saying if you are driving a company car or, leasing a car, you can park anywhere and in this city get SCC parking tickets and not pay them without fear of prosecution?

kidley

All I'm saying is if you have a vehicle on lease loan technically you don't own the vehicle,basically they cant cart the vehicle off and sell it as it belongs to the finance company,no one will want to buy it as it comes up as owing money on when they HPI it...they have no alternative but to send the fat baldy blokes round to your house and bother you....I don't drive the wife's car as I am not insured to drive it.

t

Yea I'd like to see um try...

---------- Post added 08-07-2014 at 22:25 ----------

All I'm saying is if you have a vehicle on lease loan technically you don't own the vehicle,basically they cant cart the vehicle off and sell it as it belongs to the finance company,no one will want to buy it as it comes up as owing money on when they HPI it...they have no alternative but to send the fat baldy blokes round to your house and bother you....I don't drive the wife's car as I am not insured to drive it.

t

I think you will find they will charge the leasing company and the leasing company will then charge you with added administration charge (a bit like car hire companies). If you don't pay the leasing company can take the vehicle from you as you will have breached your contract.

Its a shame that you are so ill informed about matters such as this. They might not be able to lock you up but they can remove your car etc.

It certainly isnt a "con"

Of course , thats assuming your motor is registered at your home address with the DVLA. Afterall the parking scum can only try and chase a vehicle to the address on the logbook .