Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

I`d like to bet that University of Sheffield won`t roll over and cave in like parking companies do. They have gone to town to make sure their systems and processes are all correct and not open to misrepresentation:thumbsup:

They can demonstrate a genuine pre-estimate of loss??

I doubt that, no-one else has.

Do you have to be part of the BPA to issue a parking invoice??

Nope but you do if you want to use POPLA. And if there's no right to appeal then maybe you could just ignore like the olden days (I'm sure someone will correct me on this...)

do you know of any joe blogs that have done it, i think there is a difference.

No difference what so ever , they still have to prove a genuine loss, which of course they cant. No different to the private parking conmen.

---------- Post added 30-07-2014 at 20:28 ----------

Do you have to be part of the BPA to issue a parking invoice??

No , you can issue one to anybody you want, and it would hold about as much weight as one from a parking company.

Nope but you do if you want to use POPLA. And if there's no right to appeal then maybe you could just ignore like the olden days (I'm sure someone will correct me on this...)

Partly correct

They can be a member of the IPC and then use the other independent appeal service.

We have beaten various university issued tickets.

My mother received a ticket for parking in a disabled space in meadowhall, her badge was knocked into the footwell. She checked online as they said and there were no pictures which they said there would be to prove the offense.

I told her to ignore it, I didn't realise the advice had changed. She heard no more. A letter has just been hand delivered to her address saying it is from debt collectors. They sent the letter to the wrong address. To get any address from DVLA they would have to have gone through motability so they know she is disabled.

What should she do now?

My mother received a ticket for parking in a disabled space in meadowhall, her badge was knocked into the footwell. She checked online as they said and there were no pictures which they said there would be to prove the offense.

I told her to ignore it, I didn't realise the advice had changed. She heard no more. A letter has just been hand delivered to her address saying it is from debt collectors. They sent the letter to the wrong address. To get any address from DVLA they would have to have gone through motability so they know she is disabled.

What should she do now?

So the original ticket was from PCM then

That would mean the letter was from Debt recovery plus was it not?

Are you sure it was hand delivered.....as that isnt normal for DRP