Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

It was delivered by the person who lives in the house it was delivered to. There are houses and flats on the same road with the same postcode.

Letter is from Newlyn slightly different address and phone number from PCM

Right in that case, if you would like us to deal with it then please go to our website and we can deal with Newlyn for you

Hi All,

I have received the following letter from Rossendales Collect:

“Your debt has been passed to us by the above client. We are instructed that you may have ignored previous requests for payment and we intend to recover your outstanding debt immediately.

Unless you pay us the debt amount in full within 7 days or contact us immediately with your proposals recovery action will commence.”

The amount to pay is now £150.

I did post on the forum at the time but cannot find my original post. Here is a follow up post I did http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=7820378#post7820378

Basically Excel Parking Service claim that I overstayed at the Iceland car park on Chesterfield Road on 18.12.2010. However I visited twice that day once in the morning and then again in the afternoon with my mother each time we spent less than 30 minutes. The ANPR camera which detected the above entry and exit times, has recored the entry time of the first visit and the exit time of the second visit. The penalty charge has therefore been issued in error. The ANPR camera must have recorded the exit time in the morning and again the entry time in the afternoon.

However Excel denied this at the time and therefore I informed them “as previously advised I was NOT in the location for the duration you claim and as such you are making this claim in error.

There is no need for any further correspondence. I consider this matter closed.”

Since then I received one letter from Roxborough solicitors but other than nothing until Saturday when I received the letter from Rossendale Collect debt recovery firm.

All my friends are saying just pay up and avoid any trouble. I am worried that they are going to turn up at my doorstep. I have the means to pay but it is the principle I did not overstay!

Any help would be appreciated.

Nikki.

Now heres a good one, every fortnight I do deliveries for a department store. Just had a fix penalty notice from excel parking who manage there carpark, for parking for 294min from 2.20pm to 7.16pm. I must have parked my van up and carried a full van load of peoples deliveries 120miles by hand. Me thinks they need to check there cameras better. What really happened was 2.20pm picked up a delivery and returned 3.30pm for the second delivery, 7.15 returned back to store with the returned items.

Edited by Bikertec

I'd be interested to know why Vickster15 parked in the uni car park in the first place.

Hi

They probably parked there because they were visiting someone in the Children's Hospital and the University allow anyone to park in their car parks "out of normal business hours" without charge. But you must move your car for when normal hours resume i.e. from around 08:00 or just before each morning.

University employees pay a lot of money and I mean a lot to park in these car parks and if these spaces are taken by people who do not really have any entitlement to park their those employees who have paid to park will not be able to get a parking space.

A lot of the uni car parks have barriers so that only those allowed can park, but they lift them at around 16:30 each evening so they are open to the public. Especially the one across from the Children's

If you have received a ticket then yes I suppose you could say i am not paying I don't have to, but then you have taken a space from an employee who has had to pay £400 for the privilege of not getting a space on that day you were parked there and they may have had to go and pay on the street to park on top of their permit they have already had to pay for.

I suppose its a morality thing really.

Hi

They probably parked there because they were visiting someone in the Children's Hospital and the University allow anyone to park in their car parks "out of normal business hours" without charge. But you must move your car for when normal hours resume i.e. from around 08:00 or just before each morning.

University employees pay a lot of money and I mean a lot to park in these car parks and if these spaces are taken by people who do not really have any entitlement to park their those employees who have paid to park will not be able to get a parking space.

A lot of the uni car parks have barriers so that only those allowed can park, but they lift them at around 16:30 each evening so they are open to the public. Especially the one across from the Children's

If you have received a ticket then yes I suppose you could say i am not paying I don't have to, but then you have taken a space from an employee who has had to pay £400 for the privilege of not getting a space on that day you were parked there and they may have had to go and pay on the street to park on top of their permit they have already had to pay for.

I suppose its a morality thing really.

In that case its their loss to claim not a third party

---------- Post added 11-08-2014 at 12:31 ----------

Now heres a good one, every fortnight I do deliveries for a department store. Just had a fix penalty notice from excel parking who manage there carpark, for parking for 294min from 2.20pm to 7.16pm. I must have parked my van up and carried a full van load of peoples deliveries 120miles by hand. Me thinks they need to check there cameras better. What really happened was 2.20pm picked up a delivery and returned 3.30pm for the second delivery, 7.15 returned back to store with the returned items.

If you would like us to we will happily deal with Excel for you

---------- Post added 11-08-2014 at 12:31 ----------

If you would like us to we will happily deal with Excel for you

I will have a word with the store first if that fails I will try apealing but thankyou.

I will have a word with the store first if that fails I will try apealing but thankyou.

Good luck !!:) If you appeal to Excel parking be prepared for a wait and a half!

---------- Post added 11-08-2014 at 12:40 ----------

Kirkbylad recently helped me with challenging a ticket issued by Excel which was successful, well worth paying for his service imo.

Kirkbylad - sorry I've not emailed you the judgement over yet, I'll get it to you later.

No problem happy to have helped you

We have now launched a new service for those who have received court claims etc. We will write the court defence/skeleton argument/witness statement for people. This is un-guaranteed and with out any legal advice.

Court defences etc are all written by people who have the right experience.

http://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk/2014/08/courtclaimdefences/

Edited by kirkbylad

a uni employee can not claim against the uni for not getting a parking space. the permit is a permit to park only not a guaranteed space. that is why I say it is a morality thing. if someone from outside is parked there when the normal day starts that is taking up a space that someone has paid to use and then has to go elsewhere and probably pay again IT IS A MORALITY THING.

I did not say I disagreed with the fact that they could park there and appeal against it etc etc. BUT if you had paid over £400 to park on uni parking as an employee and then every space was taken by someone visiting the children's because the uni allowed parking outside of normal hours, and then had to pay again to park on street I am sure you would not be happy.

And before anyone starts having go.... I do not park at the uni I either get a lift from my other half or use public transport because I can not afford to pay £400 per year for a parking permit.