Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

So whats the likely outcome if you do get your court papers??

Is it more likely that they will win these days??

no they never win a properly defended ticket, but they will if you listen to the crap dished out here.

anyone with a ticket i suggest go to

http://www.pepipoo.com and open a thread there and get accurate advice ASAP

no they never win a properly defended ticket, but they will if you listen to the crap dished out here.

anyone with a ticket i suggest go to

http://www.pepipoo.com and open a thread there and get accurate advice ASAP

Thats actually wrong Parking Eye do win a lot of cases against properly defended tickets, as do lots of parking companies. I would suggest that you dont actually know much about county court hearings, nor do i think you realise how many claims are heard per day around the country

I dont dish out "crap". I do this for a living. FULL TIME. I know the facts. Also anyone on pepipoo will disagree with your statement about not losing a properly defended ticket at a court. hearing[color= Your statement is very inaccurate. Do you know how many cases on heard on average per day?

---------- Post added 02-11-2014 at 12:00 ----------

[/color]

don't ignore get in touch with popla and they will help

POPLA will not help as such. People dont quite understand the proper processes.

---------- Post added 02-11-2014 at 12:01 ----------

Hi there,

I got a ticket last night for £100 (or £60 if paid soonish) after parking on the pavement at the back of the cinema. Didn't have much option as the place was rammed and we didn't block anyone in or cause any sort of obstruction. Still got a ticket though.

Has anyone else had one from there and what happens if you ignore it? With it being private land I think enforcement is a lot tougher compared to ones issued by the Council/Police as it has to be based on the landowner suffering some sort of loss (clearly none here).

Any experiences on fighting/ignoring these tickets much appreciated

Yes we deal with UKCPS 7 days a week and we ALWAYS BEAT THEM ON OUR FIRST APPEAL.

Edited by kirkbylad

Thats actually wrong Parking Eye do win a lot of cases against properly defended tickets, as do lots of parking companies. I would suggest that you dont actually know much about county court hearings, nor do i think you realise how many claims are heard per day around the country

I dont dish out "crap". I do this for a living. FULL TIME. I know the facts. Also anyone on pepipoo will disagree with your statement about not losing a properly defended ticket at a court. hearing[color= Your statement is very inaccurate. Do you know how many cases on heard on average per day?

Can you give us an indication as to which points these companies usually win at court after (for various reasons) a POPLA appeal has been turned down?

Can you give us an indication as to which points these companies usually win at court after (for various reasons) a POPLA appeal has been turned down?

Well these points apply even if no appeal to POPLA/IPC have been made

Companies win by claiming their charge is commercially justified, by citing various court cases, it is a genuine pre estimate of loss, they have the right to bring the claim as per their contract

The county court can be a real lottery

Strong case on the monday can win in front of judge A but on tuesday the same case could easily lose in front of another judge.

The county court can be a real lottery

Strong case on the monday can win in front of judge A but on tuesday the same case could easily lose in front of another judge.

Which is why it is always best to appeal and win at that stage. The right appeal at POPLA generally invariably wins if done properly.

But you can also use the PTAS and that comes with a guarantee - and all for £16.00. What is there not to like?

Just bumping this up as I've just logged an appeal on the website for a PCN from Parking Eye that's just landed on our doormat.

Absolutely livid....we had a freak accident on Monday morning where a stone or something hit the car and the drivers side window shattered all over my Husband. He managed to stay calm and pulled over as soon as it was safe to do so....unfortunately though he pulled into a car park run by ParkingEye! Of course we were both quite shook up and more concerned over making sure we were ok rather than buy a bloomin' ticket!

Just bumping this up as I've just logged an appeal on the website for a PCN from Parking Eye that's just landed on our doormat.

Absolutely livid....we had a freak accident on Monday morning where a stone or something hit the car and the drivers side window shattered all over my Husband. He managed to stay calm and pulled over as soon as it was safe to do so....unfortunately though he pulled into a car park run by ParkingEye! Of course we were both quite shook up and more concerned over making sure we were ok rather than buy a bloomin' ticket!

Happy to deal with this for you!

http://www.parkingticketappeals.org.uk if you want to us to sort them out for you

• 2 weeks later...