Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

cant believe people are still paying these, mine went in the bin got letters eventually gave up in the end!

can I ask which company it was that issued these PCN's?

Me and my partner are currently no reacting to ours but I am still worried that we will get bit in the end.

Ours are issued by VCP, who control a private carpark on Middlewood Road where we live :o(

The statistics are, when taken to court you have only a1 in 2 chance of winning, thats why you need some body who knows what they are on about to act for you.

information from the RAC

That might change though. There was a court case recently, Beavis vs ParkingEye, where the judge ruled that the penalties were legal and enforcable. It's gone to appeal, and everybody's waiting on the appeal court's decision - see http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/reclaim/2015/02/legality-of-private-parking-fines-to-be-tested-in-court-today .

Hi just had a letter from g24 for a car parking fine in bnm carpark in hillsborough it says that it is a contractual parking charge notice.Iwas 12 minutes late & they have got photographic evidence do I have to pay,please advise.

Ignore them. Or if you're worried about it then go to citizen's advice. You are supposed to have been adequetly warned about your choice to enter a contractual agreement with the enforcement company and made a conscious decision to leave your car there upon the condition that you have entered said contractual agreement. There's all sorts of requirements for them to put signs up of a certain size, which very few of these companies follow.