Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

• 4 weeks later...

We had a parking demand from Highview for using Bradfield Rd car park (it`s discussed on a separate thread here), but on a more general point, how can these companies mount any kind of prosecution if they`ve no proof you`ve even had the demand ? Bear in mind that the demands are NOT sent recorded delivery. It seems completely illogical to me, all legal stuff which could result in court action is usually sent recorded, surely ? The fact these demands are just sent normal post does, I feel, tell its own story.

Further point, we appealed the three tickets our group got (interestingly, the 4th car in our group didn`t get a ticket ! Why ? ), quite apart from anything else the times on the photographs were wrong and provably so. I sent them all in together from my work by recorded delivery, and they were received the following day. Yet Highview Parking have still just sent us all out "reminders" to pay (and not recorded delivery) ! I really do feel it`s all just a big bluff. We`re definitely not paying, but it`ll be interesting to see how far Highview Parking take this, and if they ever actually acknowledge our appeal letters which we can actually prove they`ve received !

Edited by Justin Smith

Hi please could anybody help?!?! I am a mum of newborn twins and I have received a contractual parking charge notice from G24 for parking 11 mins over the allowed time in Meadowhall retail park. A lot of threads I've looked at (from 2014/2015) are saying to ignore, is this advisable? Has the law changed?

This is really stressing me out and I'm contemplating just paying it but don't want to be took advantage of!!

I've tried googling to see what the actual notice at MRP actually says but I've had no joy ?The exit picture is spit into 2 (time isn't on the same photo as my car) do I have any grounds to Raise this as an issue? I know I'm clutching at straws here.

Does anyone have a copy of their appeal letter that I could borrow to get an idea of what to put if I do appeal?

Any advice would really really be appreciated

C :0)

Hi please could anybody help?!?! I am a mum of newborn twins and I have received a contractual parking charge notice from G24 for parking 11 mins over the allowed time in Meadowhall retail park. A lot of threads I've looked at (from 2014/2015) are saying to ignore, is this advisable? Has the law changed?

This is really stressing me out and I'm contemplating just paying it but don't want to be took advantage of!!

I've tried googling to see what the actual notice at MRP actually says but I've had no joy The exit picture is spit into 2 (time isn't on the same photo as my car) do I have any grounds to Raise this as an issue? I know I'm clutching at straws here.

Does anyone have a copy of their appeal letter that I could borrow to get an idea of what to put if I do appeal?

Any advice would really really be appreciated

C :0)

Don't ignore any longer. Law has changed. But equally it's highly unlikely you will need to pay it either. Easiest option for now is to contact Meadowhall Customer Services (presuming you were actually shopping there?) and say to them you overstayed because you were in the centre spending money! They can cancel the ticket. If you weren't in the shopping centre or for some reason Meadowhall refuse to cancel it then you'll have to go down a more legal route which I'll let others explain as they understand the legal changes far better than I.

Best of luck!

EDIT: Just re-read and it's the Meadowhall Retail Park you were in so that complicates things. Do you have receipts from the stores you used? Worth contacting one of the stores you shopped with and ask them to get the ticket cancelled.

Thanks for your advice guys, thinking of sending an appeal letter like the ones on the money saving expert site due to the following:

- I have been looked at the wording on the sign and it say 3 hrs free parking and on the day they have me down as being there 3hrs 11mins. Now as well as shopping I needed to physically get to and from a parking space and I went through McDonald's drive through so technically I would not have been physically parked for over 3 hrs. Do you think they would be able to prove otherwise of I asked them to? Would the fine be able to be avoided due to the wording on the sign??

- on the exit photo it doesn't show the time and picture as one clear frame, the time/ date section is off line with the rest of the picture of the car so it looks like the top of one frame and the bottom of another-. ( would be so much easier if I could upload the picture but it won't let me :0()

Do you think the above reasons would build a case for it to be cancelled?

TIA :0)

Don't rush your appeal off, but take note of the time limits.

I believe there is a 10 min grace period but not sure that this includes both entering and leaving.

To show pics you have to upload them to photobucket or similar, them post the pic's link on here.

As mentioned, complain to MdHall management, but if you appeal, say to this effect

"if you reject this appeal, please send me a POPLA code so I can refer my appeal to them".