Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if it helps - but we have photos that were taken on 21st April 2015 showing there were no parking restrictions in place prior to that date out side Iceland, Flora Street, Sheffield - and the sign only says do not park where there are restrictions. If you want copies to cover any documentation you are sending back let me k- now and I will send them via email to you.

Edited by tisnoti

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all so I refused to pay parking ticket at hillsborough behind dunelm and farmfoods I over stayed at night by 9mins. No cars in it plus its a free car park so really loathed to pay it now ive received a D R P letter saying dept needs to be paid by 31/1/15 for 149.99.

Should I now pay this or is it another scam heard kirkbylad is the one to ask any reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Sorry if I've done this reply wrong, I am new to the forum and find myself in the DRP situation. Received an Excel ticket at Centertainment in 2013 (Parking Beyond the bay markings). Ignored as per most posts of the time. Now DRP are trying to collect £160 recommending court action if I do not pay. Can anyone please suggest sound advice? Rocket1234

Sorry if I've done this reply wrong, I am new to the forum and find myself in the DRP situation. Received an Excel ticket at Centertainment in 2013 (Parking Beyond the bay markings). Ignored as per most posts of the time. Now DRP are trying to collect £160 recommending court action if I do not pay. Can anyone please suggest sound advice? Rocket1234

This might help to clarify your situation: http://parkingfine-appeals.co.uk/debt-recovery-plus-ltd/

Don't make an appeal until you've read the advice guides (for Private Parking Tickets) on pepippo or Money Saving Expert.

Can I just add to this my encounter with the private parking cameras yesterday?

I took my daughter into town yesterday and it was so busy I ended up parking in Wickes car park at Moorfoot.

As I over stayed the 90 min max stay i 'accidentally' left my tailgate open as i left the car park so the camera couldn't get my plate.

I'm sure if you kept a carrier bag in your boot and it somehow got tucked over your number plate on leaving the car park you'd not receive any letters that way ;-)

Ooops !!!!