Private Parking Ticket Megathread (Part 2)

Does it say pay with in so many day's and get a reduction, it did when I got stung in Chapeltown Asda's car park, should have been £70 paid early so only £50 my fault over the two hour limit. :(

Just in cast anyone did not know the camera's are just as you go into the car park at Chapeltown Asda high up so they get you going in and out they also send you pictures with the fine date time spent in car park etc, to show it's you. :(

Yes, £100 within 28 days or £60 before 14days. . . . A pal just said something like "council can only dish out fines" . . . Not sure about this though, if it's private land you have to pay up.?

Thanks for your help, keep them trickling in :)

Really, referring the 'claim' to another body for collection makes 0 difference.

my reasoning was/is if a company has to off load debts at a big loss? i would say they think they have little chance of recovery, BUT some (i would suggest very few)would get pressurised by the recovery agents and pay.

If i was the head of a recovery comp would i risk taking somebody to court to recover a possibly unlawful invoice?

Yes, £100 within 28 days or £60 before 14days. . . . A pal just said something like "council can only dish out fines" . . . Not sure about this though, if it's private land you have to pay up.?

Thanks for your help, keep them trickling in :)

Only Police and councils fine you. If you have a private '''parking charge''' ... you don't have to pay it...... that is until they start proceedings to take court action...... which they most likely will not do.... but they can... it's a chance you take.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I met with a friend for lunch at the Francis Newton on Glossop Road a few weeks ago. Not being from Sheffield I didn't realise that you had to pay to park at this pub (I've never heard of this practice before)

I have a disabled badge but didn't think to display it as I didn't think I had to due to the above reason. I just parked in a bay and had lunch.

Anyway, I subsequently received a parking 'charge' from euro car parks for 45.00.

I understand these fines are unenforceable, but what to do now? Do I ignore? do I appeal? Do I appeal and send a copy of my blue badge which would have exempted me anyway, I assume?

:confused: