Muslim Extremists trying to take over schools

People I think have valid objections to unstunned halal meat. The trouble is they take that and go frothing at the mouth about how all Muslim meat is so nasty. When I've asked them if they object to kosher meat the answer is of course not, the Jews are very nice people...

Far too much emotion and not enough objectivity in any debate about halal it seems.

The only people frothing at the mouth are those trying to defend the actions of the school or deny that the story is legitimate.

I think the issue the parents have was that pork is now off the menu, and there is no such thing as halal pork, so presumably they are using more beef which is more expensive and not as healthy.

If you read the article, they seem to be complaining about inhumane and cruel slaughter methods, ironic really since they're probably feeding their progeny turkey twizzlers at the weekend.

If you read the article, they seem to be complaining about inhumane and cruel slaughter methods, ironic really since they're probably feeding their progeny turkey twizzlers at the weekend.

The primary concern is that pork is off the menu.

The only people frothing at the mouth are those trying to defend the actions of the school
Don't you think the school should be able to make 'minor adjustments' to their lunch menu?

or deny that the story is legitimate.

Not me, I said I didn't know if the story was true or not because based on the link to the DM article no mention is made by the school about banning pork.

Who should they be providing a separate meal for, and for what reasons?

Muslim are the ones with special needs... if they didn't self limit their choice because of religious beliefs then there would be nothing to discuss. But they do which leaves us the choice of separate halal meals (extra cost) or replacing non-halal meals with halal meals (imposing Muslim practices and restrictions on everyone else). Many schools opt for the later which is unacceptabe in my opinion.

Personally I don't see any problem in selling pork based products and pre-stunned halal originated non pork products, it's ridiculous that people get their knickers in a twist about halal meat without knowing how it's been slaughtered and whether subject to pre-stunning, you'll see from the DM article that it's the objectors regard for halal meat that's created the most indignation rather than being denied luncheon meat fritters.

The problem is that having choice between pork based meals and halal meals adds to the cost of providing school diners!

A few tasty titbits, hardly any mention from the parents about the loss of pork from the menu (assuming that's true).

The move comes as Britain's vet John Blackwell called for Muslims and Jews to use more 'acceptable' methods of killing.

A mother with an 11-year-old girl at the school, who asked not to be named for fear of being branded racist, said: 'At home I pay more for organic and free range food. I am a Christian but I don’t do it because of that, it’s more for the respect of how animals are killed.

The way the animals are slaughtered for halal meat is a religious killing and I don’t feel it should be in schools.

'My daughter has been anxious about the change as she has concerns about if it is humane killing. I believe in animal welfare rights and standards of meat production that halal does not follow.

Another mum of a son at the school said she believed that halal slaughtering was cruel. She added : 'My son is a really fussy eater and pork is his favourite meat. He’ll get bored having chicken all the time.'

'I’d want to know more about halal meat before I’d be happy for my children to eat it. I’ve been told it is not as well refrigerated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2575724/Parents-fury-pork-sausages-banned-school-menu-replaced-halal-meat.html

Don't you think the school should be able to make 'minor adjustments' to their lunch menu?

Yes it it benefits the pupils and parents.

Not me, I said I didn't know if the story was true or not because based on the link to the DM article no mention is made by the school about banning pork.

The fact that the school and council haven't denied it would be reason to believe it.

You must have listened to numerous councilors, MP,s and people in top positions avoid answering a tricky question by giving the answer to a question that wasn't asked.

In this case the question is. Is pork banned? Its a yes/no answer. But the councils answer is that we still serve non halal meat, I have no doubt that this is the case but it didn't address the question, which leaves only one conclusion that they serve non halal meat but not pork, presumably because Muslims think its a filthy animal and pork anywhere near other meat would somehow taint the other meat.

Have you any evidence that this is the case? There is a lot of heat about this but sadly little light. If pork has been banned then I'd have concerns, but I've seen no evidence that it has.

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 16:58 ----------

Alas. Boyfriday mindlessly taking the side of muslims in every debate..as usual. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Alas. Anna resorting to debate by ad homeniem....

Archived