Lib Dem sink to new low, being beaten by the "Bus pass Elvis party"

Yeah, because a council by-election is really a good indicator on how party's do come general elections.

Well they are a good indication. Parties generally do much better in a general election than in a mid term protest vote kicking of a council election :-)

Interestingly UKIP came second, the first time they have fought for the seat.

Are you sure?

"Labour's Pat Ferguson won the seat with a majority of 154 over her Conservative rival. UKIP received 536 votes in third place."

UKIP came third with 536 votes!

Are you sure?

"Labour's Pat Ferguson won the seat with a majority of 154 over her Conservative rival. UKIP received 536 votes in third place."

No I'm not :hihi:

---------- Post added 11-03-2014 at 21:58 ----------

Are you sure?

Oh yeh, I just noticed, I meant to put third but put second by mistake, I was thinking about something else with another lot of numbers and probably a different election and maybe even a different country thinking about it.

Cheers for highlighting my typo ;)

:hihi:

I'm not a fan, but I do think the Lib Dems have been well and truly stitched up by the Tory party. Something good happens - the Tories take the credit. Something bad happens - all the fault of the Lib Dems...

But what of all the LDP voters last time around. Nick's stitched them up far more!

Archived