Golf, never tried but would like to

Hi,

My partner and I thought we would like to try our hand at golf. I played a little when I was a teenager (30 years ago!) and my partner has never played. We don't have the money to go and spend on lots of kit, or spend tons on lessons if we decide it's not for us. We don't really know where to start, so if anyone can help us out here we'd be very grateful. How do we get to have a taster without our own clubs and without committing ourselves to something we can't afford?

Any ideas much appreciated

Thanks

Brian

Get a deal for several lessons and a round with the pro (or similar)

The pro/teacher will give you basics. If missed, it will take you years to unlearn your initial mistakes. Then years more to learn the correct things. And it will cost £100's of pounds. Have you got the time and money?

I'm not a good golfer but its brilliant. Your 1st round will take you 100 strokes+, whether you take my advice or not. I guarantee that at least one of those 100 strokes will be absolutely perfect and fulfilling in a way that can only be appreciated by the other 99 less than perfect strokes, whether you take my advice or not.

Enjoy.

Try Concord Park GC, they offer a 9 hole (Inc club hire) beginners session for £8 Monday to Friday.

Very friendly club professionals Warren and Matty, who I am sure will be able to offer you further golfing advice.

Good luck finding a venue, and hope you enjoy the game again

Thank you all for your advice, will definitely be following this up. Cheers

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 22:26 ----------

Try Concord Park GC, they offer a 9 hole (Inc club hire) beginners session for £8 Monday to Friday.

Very friendly club professionals Warren and Matty, who I am sure will be able to offer you further golfing advice.

Good luck finding a venue, and hope you enjoy the game again

Thanks Boston, looking at the website it says £15, but I've messaged them to ask about it, with a link to this post, we'll see what comes back!

Archived