How do i make a post?

i am trying to give a bed away, but SF won't let me make a post in the sale & wanted section unless i have made at least 5 posts already and been a member for at least a week. How do i get to 5 posts if it won't let me post in the first place?

Not necessarily pointless. Just find a thread you are interested in. You could also go to the "items wanted" section to see if anyone is wanting a bed, and contact hem.

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 13:12 ----------

You could also try contacting charity shops to see if they want the bed, or freecycle.

Not necessarily pointless. Just find a thread you are interested in. You could also go to the "items wanted" section to see if anyone is wanting a bed, and contact hem.

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 13:12 ----------

You could also try contacting charity shops to see if they want the bed, or freecycle.

but i believe you cant pm either till they have 5 posts :P

so i have to make 5 pointless posts before i can give something away? stupid...

Depends how you look at that, you could get involved by posting in threads that May interest you therefor reaching the desired 5 posts so you can advertise your unwanted bed in the hope someone will collect it because you didn't want to pay £25 for whoever delivered your new bed to take old one away.

No, you have to contribute to the community before posting in the classifieds is allowed.

If you post 5 pointless posts you'll find them removed and you still won't be able to use the classifieds. This hard limit is partly to reduce the damage that spammers can do to the forum and partly because this is a forum with some classifieds attached, not a classifieds site with some discussion attached, and therefore the classifieds are offered as a free service to people who are prepared to contribute to the forum community.

i am trying to give a bed away, but SF won't let me make a post in the sale & wanted section unless i have made at least 5 posts already and been a member for at least a week. How do i get to 5 posts if it won't let me post in the first place?

If you don't want to contribute in order to advertise you can always try other give-away sites

Archived