What car to get? Alternative to a Skoda Fabia VRS

Golf GTi. Audi A3, Honda Jazz, Hyundai i10

Agree with you on the fiesta :gag:

Skinz, I dont know how you think an I10 is better than the Fiesta?????? I mean, come on???? Your other selections, Yes........but an I10? :suspect:

Certainly wouldn't get a non vrs one as be pretty dull but the vrs diesel are really well built, quick, loads of torque and do 50mpg. another advantage is that they are not fiestas. ;-) haha, will check out the zetec diesel tho as hadn't considered it :-)

---------- Post added 08-03-2014 at 23:16 ----------

Golf and audi are both a bit big and expensive for what you get. Do they do an i10 with a decent engine?

The MK5 polo gti has the same 1.4 engine, does it come in a manual?

The fiat Abarth models get good reviews too.

My brother has the 1.9 TDi 1 series BMW and it gets good mpg considering the rate it shifts at. I prefer it to the golf and my Skoda but the parts and tyres cost him a lot more.

Skinz, I dont know how you think an I10 is better than the Fiesta?????? I mean, come on???? Your other selections, Yes........but an I10? :suspect:

I was just pointing towards some alternatives really. IMO ford is pretty vanilla and you don't have to come up with much to beat it. The Grand i10 with its big chin looks pretty sporty and has a few nice touches..ok it's not everyone's choice or preference but I'd bet car snobbery plays a part, which is probably what defines most car buying.

My brother has the 1.9 TDi 1 series BMW and it gets good mpg considering the rate it shifts at. I prefer it to the golf and my Skoda but the parts and tyres cost him a lot more.

Biotechpete the mk5 polo gti only comes in DSG. Personally though I think she should still test drive a DSG. I was against the idea of owning one until I drove one, at which point I realised its much faster through the gears then I would ever be and it means you can really grab the wheel (think accelerating round bends). I don't think I will a buy manual again!

I can't find any car with the new 1.4 turbo petrol that is not DSG.

1 series is on my list, none near Stroud to try though today.

---------- Post added 09-03-2014 at 08:59 ----------

Biotechpete the mk5 polo gti only comes in DSG. Personally though I think she should still test drive a DSG. I was against the idea of owning one until I drove one, at which point I realised its much faster through the gears then I would ever be and it means you can really grab the wheel (think accelerating round bends). I don't think I will a buy manual again!

The new 1.4 engine only seems to be DSG across the board, will try one, I. agree, it's worth a go. I used to love my Geartronic T5 and was angling for an auto 630i until my manual one came up.

---------- Post added 09-03-2014 at 09:00 ----------

A Skoda?

At least it won't get stolen

Try a VRS, you will be surprised! Basically a fast little VW with a Skoda badge.

Archived