Malaysian airlines plane missing

This is what I find the most strange thing. Apple know my whereabouts to within a few metres. All day, every day. All you need to do is click on "Find my iPhone".

Surely there must be a way of tracking the passengers. The plane must have been constantly monitored too.

My guess is that it has hit a remote mountain somewhere. If it crashed into the sea, it would have been seen.

Whats worrying is someone could set of a Nuclear missile and no one would be any wiser if it failed to go off and could be sat in someones back yard somewhere for ages until the land owner got suspicious about it.

You just assume everything is tracked everywhere, apparently it doesn't.

Apparently relatives are saying that when they call they are getting a ringtone. That would suggest the phones are working and not under water. All they have to do now is to triangulate the phone signal.

Here you go...

Again, simple explanations exist - most of the owners of the mobile phones will have been roaming internationally before the incident, and as anyone knows, when calling an mobile located abroad, the caller will hear a ring tone before the actual handset is located and starts ringing itself. If the handset is not found, the call will cut off.

As all mobile phones "log in" to cells when they're turned on, all the authorities would need is the number to locate which cell the phone is connected to. If they were really switched on and ringing, they would have been found days ago.

Transponders stopped working not long after it left the ground. Sounds like it was heading back to K.L but went off that heading and headed over the coast above the Straits of Malacca. Last located close to a small island. Report according to a senior Malaysian Air Force official

Wouldn't their land-based radar pick this up? Why would they overshoot the KL airport ?:suspect:

I am very curious to hear a more detailed explanation as to why they think this may be the case. It's all very odd.

Malaysian authorities keep announcing new theories (the plane may have tried to turn around, the plane may have flown over land) that are causing them to expand the search, but don't seem to explain what leads them to these new theories. :suspect:

A while ago I had a tour around the Rolls Royce plant at Derby and I'm sure they said they they get real time data from jet engines all around the world when they are in use...wonder if this could help here..

It could be a revelation they've overlooked..I doubt it though if what you say is valid.

Is it likely that the engine feedback data was overlooked? What I'm suggesting is if a Rolls Royce tourist is aware, I'm sure a highly trained investigation team are equally aware..if not more so. The engine data they received more than likely showed no cause for concern otherwise it would surely be front page news, suggesting it was of no help other than to say the engines were performing positively until it went off-line?

Is it likely that the engine feedback data was overlooked? What I'm suggesting is if a Rolls Royce tourist is aware, I'm sure a highly trained investigation team are equally aware..if not more so. The engine data they received more than likely showed no cause for concern otherwise it would surely be front page news, suggesting it was of no help other than to say the engines were performing positively until it went off-line?

I'm not suggesting that it's been overlooked,I'd be more than surprised if it had..just showing another possible data source to people on this thread who may be unaware of it... another talking point if you like..

Edited by truman

A while ago I had a tour around the Rolls Royce plant at Derby and I'm sure they said they they get real time data from jet engines all around the world when they are in use...wonder if this could help here..

until last weekend i thought that every aircraft worldwide was tracked from take off to landing. Internet offers several websites that track aircraft movements let alone aircraft tracked by military sources.. Modern aircraft continuously relay information on an aircrafts performance to its base for maintenance purposes. That an aircraft can just go missing is almost impossible to believe. :huh:

.as for the maylasians they havn't got a clue what they're doing ,same old in SE Asia.... saving face

its just turning into an embarrassment for the Malaysian government.

Either they're covering something up because the truth would put them in an bad light or they really are that stupidly incompetent .

once they started saying the plane had gone as far as the Straights of Malacca.ffs:huh:

i feel sorry for the families they really do deserve better than this bunch of muppets who are clearly out of their depth

Edited by johncocker