Malaysian airlines plane missing

I'm not suggesting that it's been overlooked,I'd be more than surprised if it had..just showing another possible data source to people on this thread who may be unaware of it... another talking point if you like..

Sorry, took the following as a suggestion that some highly trained investigation team messed up and needed some help...:hihi:

A while ago I had a tour around the Rolls Royce plant at Derby and I'm sure they said they they get real time data from jet engines all around the world when they are in use...wonder if this could help here..

Considering the amount of technological infrastructure being ploughed into this...one being The Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organisation failing to come up with anything, plus 10 high resolution Chinese satellites..is a bit worrying.

What happened to the "Door" that was found? (googling on my phone is a pig).

Considering the amount of technological infrastructure being ploughed into this...one being The Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organisation failing to come up with anything, plus 10 high resolution Chinese satellites..is a bit worrying.
They've still not found Flight 19, nor most of the other planes and boats (not that many, admittedly) that have reportedly disappeared in or around the so-called Bermuda Triangle over the years.

And yet, water isn't particularly deep or dark, nor the seafloor perturbed/mountainous/abyssal in that area: it's basically shallow, sandy and flat for hundreds and thousands of square miles.

The point is, makes you realise how big the oceans are and, by comparison, how small planes and boats also are. Halibut's earlier point.

What happened to the "Door" that was found? (googling on my phone is a pig).
IIRC, there was nothing at all when the next lot of searchers turned up.

So, the door must have sank in the meantime (between 1st spotting and next lot of searchers arrived) and -one would hope- they may well still be scanning/pinging the sea bed around the area...:confused:

Edited by L00b

until last weekend i thought that every aircraft worldwide was tracked from take off to landing.

Well, they're not - basically because it's too expensive.

Internet offers several websites that track aircraft movements let alone aircraft tracked by military sources..

The internet location feeds are from one of two sources - individuals uploading the broadcasts from aircraft, and the FAA radar tracking in the US. Both of these will stop reporting an aircraft if it's transponder is disabled / broken - something which happens relatively regularly, and there are procedures in place to cover it.

Modern aircraft continuously relay information on an aircrafts performance to its base for maintenance purposes. That an aircraft can just go missing is almost impossible to believe. :huh:

The "continuous" isn't really continuous. There's one form of communication that works across 90% of the planet (the other 10% - the poles - are not covered) - ACARS. This is satellite based, and very expensive to send data across - I've heard prices of $2/byte mentioned.

As a result - while airlines *can* have continuous updates posted, most opt for less - priority messages are always sent (e.g. notification from the aircraft that the front left toilet has failed), while positional updates are not. Firms like Rolls Royce do monitor their engines, but this will again be prioritised - if the engine is working fine, they will only send out updates every now and again.

Furthermore, disconnecting power to the ACARS transmitters will completely disable this uplink. At the point the aircraft disappeared, all radio systems stopped communicating - this can only mean they lost power or were destroyed. And it looks like it can't be the latter, as we'd have found it by now.

And for those still going on about mobile phone "Find my phone" services. Try taking the battery out / turn it off completely. Then go out, and a couple of hours later ask the website where your phone is. It'll either say "don't know" or give the position of where the phone lost power. This is exactly what happened to the aircraft - we know exactly where it was, how high, how fast, and in what direction it was pointing at the moment the power was removed.

Looks like they found it now,near where it should be after it lost contact.

Whatever was spotted by the Chinese could be debris from MH 370. It's certainly in the right location after the transponder went dead.

But some aviation experts are saying the size of the debris may be too large to have come from a Boeing 772.

The search area is too much area to cover.nearly 1.5 million square miles. The joint search-and-rescue effort is looking at only 12,000 square miles of those ocean waters but even that is a lot of territory to search.

Technology is not going to work if a plane breaks up 7 mile up at 100 knots.

Media is busy cashing in on the tragedy at the expense of the victims families.

They will carry on making up headlines as fact....