Malaysian airlines plane missing

200 + people who have not been found, either dead or alive.

So no proof of dead people when nothing has been proved :rolleyes:

Its not an episode of Lost, they're very probably all dead. I hope I'm wrong of course.

200 + people who have not been found, either dead or alive.

So no proof of dead people when nothing has been proved :rolleyes:

Either you're the most optimistic person on the planet, or you have no sense of empathy.

There are only four real options:

1) Plane crashed into the sea - everybody died.

2) Plane ditched into the sea - a week later with no resources, virtually everyone will be dead, even if the pilots pulled off the first successful ditching of a large jetliner into the open ocean.

3) Plane crashed into isolated land - again, with no resources, virtually everybody will be dead by now.

4) The plane was hijacked and taken to a remote airfield. Yes, people could be alive in this situation, but if you think the Chinese / American's won't have pointed their satellites at every airfield that was in range to see if any unexpected 777's are parked up... Plus, even the most remote airfields tend to be located near people who would have seen or heard something.

Unfortunately, if the people on the plane aren't already dead, they're very nearly dead. And as a result you should show some respect and stop using this thread for your jollies. :roll:

Either you're the most optimistic person on the planet, or you have no sense of empathy.

There are only four real options:

1) Plane crashed into the sea - everybody died.

2) Plane ditched into the sea - a week later with no resources, virtually everyone will be dead, even if the pilots pulled off the first successful ditching of a large jetliner into the open ocean.

3) Plane crashed into isolated land - again, with no resources, virtually everybody will be dead by now.

4) The plane was hijacked and taken to a remote airfield. Yes, people could be alive in this situation, but if you think the Chinese / American's won't have pointed their satellites at every airfield that was in range to see if any unexpected 777's are parked up... Plus, even the most remote airfields tend to be located near people who would have seen or heard something.

Unfortunately, if the people on the plane aren't already dead, they're very nearly dead. And as a result you should show some respect and stop using this thread for your jollies. :roll:

I think the authorities know more than they're letting on but are trying to save face.

I cannot understand what the families must be feeling, I agree that all signs point to death.

But I am just trying to read between the lines here and cannot take any official comment as final.

I think the authorities know more than they're letting on but are trying to save face.

That much is clear to everyone, they've even admitted as much. However, the face saving isn't going too well, when they keep announcing things as fact and then having to retract that a few hours later when someone else denies that as a possibility.

But I am just trying to read between the lines here and cannot take any official comment as final.

There's reading between the lines and saying things like "they're just clutching at straws" when it's quite obvious that none of the governments involved know where the aircraft is. It would be a massive coup for all of them to be the one to actually find the aircraft, even though at the same time they don't want their neighbours to know the full extent of their abilities.

At least the longer this goes on for, the less likely it is to be a terrorism incident (and I don't count suicidal pilots as terrorists - they're not trying to terrorise anyone and have no ulterior motive other than to end their lives). Although that in turn raises many questions about what is considered one of the safest aircraft on the planet.

I said as much yesterday; it had very little impact. I think BEDROCKS' posting is in very poor taste and shows zero consideration for the loved ones of those missing presumed dead.

• The Wall Street Journal retracted a report that a system inside the plane’s Rolls-Royce engines had sent signals indicating it was still flying after losing contact with ground control. A different system sent the signals, the paper said.

Cheers Ramps, if I was one of their families, I would be going spare.

I would probably rather know for certain they are dead than not knowing owt at all :|

Yep, the whole deal is just stupid. We all know the counter terrorism deal > if I flew a cessna plane and did something dodgy . .. I would be shot down. So, how on earth can a plane like that disappear??

Christ almighty, if I drove for Eddie Stobarts and got lost in Scotland they would find me in minutes.:(