Malaysian airlines plane missing

I dunno ! But no Mayday call ?

It's not unusual not to get a Mayday Call in a catastrophic failure. As others have suggested it is more than likely a crash, with the confusion coming about from uncontrolled release of too much unconfirmed information.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

The Americans are going with the Wall St Journal story..............Pentagon believes it went down in the Indian Ocean.

U.S. officials have an “indication” the missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner may have crashed in the Indian Ocean and is moving the USS Kidd to the area to begin searching.

Picked up on their spy satellites no doubt.

Has to be a "terrorist" hijacking.

Pilots threatened at intervals, hence the turn, communications switched off etc, due to threats to hostages. Come the crunch the captain put the plane into an unrecoverable dive rather than have his aircraft used as a weapon. It's what i'd have done.

Certainly a plausible theory, but considering heightened security since 9/11, how many planes have been hijacked? (genuine question, as I don't know).

Certainly a plausible theory, but considering heightened security since 9/11, how many planes have been hijacked? (genuine question, as I don't know).

There was one about 3 weeks ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26222674

But there have also been planes deliberately crashed by the pilot. So see above but substitute pilot waits for co-pilot to take a leak. Turns off all systems. Turns off passenger air. Flies off course at reduced altitude. Does a stall crash into the sea miles from where the plane should be. Perhaps even climbed out of cockpit window and was rescued by his mates.

Wasn't there a terrorist attack on Chinese civilians a couple of weeks back?

Since nothing found looking more and more like an alien abduction

Does anyone over there know if Elvis is on board?

---------- Post added 14-03-2014 at 13:26 ----------

So the Malaysian authorities now are saying that the plane continued to 'ping' as in line with the Americans theory that the plane flew on,and it looks like the contact tracked by the Malaysian military after making a left turn was the missing plane.

I've just heard that the Malaysian authorities have managed to rule out the North Atlantic as a potential search zone.

---------- Post added 14-03-2014 at 13:53 ----------

the plots thick alright

So this plane has entered the air space of Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, India and no one knows anything?:suspect:

plus why has it taken the Malaysians a week to work out that the plane was taken, and that it was flown to the west? And this doesn't just boil down to Malaysian incompetence - China and the US have also been involved.

Why did it take until last night for them to admit that the ACARS transmissions were turned off before the plane lost contact with Air Traffic Control? Bear in mind that after the Air France crash a few years ago, the ACARS data was analysed and made public within 3 days.

Has to be a "terrorist" hijacking.

Pilots threatened at intervals, hence the turn, communications switched off etc, due to threats to hostages. Come the crunch the captain put the plane into an unrecoverable dive rather than have his aircraft used as a weapon. It's what i'd have done.

Seems even likelier given latest info.