Malaysian airlines plane missing

This was said at the press conference today:

I am aware of speculation that additional waypoints were added to the aircraft’s flight routing. I can confirm that the aircraft flew on normal routing up until the waypoint IGARI. There is no additional waypoint on MH370’s documented flight plan, which depicts normal routing all the way to Beijing.

The Guardian has stated that this appears to reject the theory of the flying by way points after it turned left,but to me it just says that there ere no additional way points if it carried on to Beijing from IGARI,and we know it didn't,so what that statement means is ambigous.

It's not - they've stated that the waypoints on the filed flightplan (which I believe is also transmitted if it is altered) had none other than those normally there for a route to Beijing.

i.e. there were no other waypoints in the flight plan that could have caused the plane to automatically start flying somewhere else. I've seen theories (from non-pilots) that old waypoints from another flight plan could be in the computer, and it therefore started flying somewhere else after some unknown event.

It's not - they've stated that the waypoints on the filed flightplan (which I believe is also transmitted if it is altered) had none other than those normally there for a route to Beijing.

i.e. there were no other waypoints in the flight plan that could have caused the plane to automatically start flying somewhere else. I've seen theories (from non-pilots) that old waypoints from another flight plan could be in the computer, and it therefore started flying somewhere else after some unknown event.

But in the flight simulator they showed that if you want to take a flight off its planned course,you just needed to input the new coordinates into the computer and off it went........what if the new way points were input when it got to IGARI?

Feel sorry for the way the families have been treated in all this.

Being shepherded away from the press like some cattle farm.

The Malaysian authorities should be royally ashamed of themselves.

This whole debacle has been embarrassing and downright bizarre.

Planes going missing, families being fed lies, it is like 9/11 all over again.

I would agree with all but the last.

The only thing in common with 9/11,is the plane lol.(or at least to anyone's knowledge anyway.)

You may as well said "its just like snakes on a plane again":hihi:

But in the flight simulator they showed that if you want to take a flight off its planned course,you just needed to input the new coordinates into the computer and off it went........what if the new way points were input when it got to IGARI?

If new way points were added after the ACARS system was shutdown, they wouldn't be transmitted, but that's immaterial to the rumours which say that the other way points were already in the system before departure and the plane was flying by itself with no input. These is the rumours they were addressing in the briefing - they confirmed there were no other waypoints in the confirmed flight plan for the aircraft to go follow by itself.

I'm still surprised by how many people seem to believe a fire significant enough to knock out all the radio transmissions and kill / incapacitate the crew could also allow the autopilot (in the same bays as the radio kit) and aircraft to continue flying for at least another six hours.

the rumours which say that the other way points were already in the system before departure and the plane was flying by itself with no input. These is the rumours they were addressing in the briefing - they confirmed there were no other waypoints in the confirmed flight plan for the aircraft to go follow by itself.

I hadn't heard that there were rumours the left turn had been programmed before take off,but they also denied this rumour too at the press conference:

The aircraft’s first major change of course was almost certainly programmed by somebody in the cockpit. The change was entered into the plane’s system at least 12 minutes before a person in the cockpit, believed to be the co-pilot, signed off to air traffic controllers.

The whole thing is driven by the media circus.....they keep spinning the story and this is going to put a lot of pressure on families. Its a crash and search mission and you would not usually get this enormous worldwide attention. Malaysia doing the job as well as any other search in history....

" it is like 9/11 all over again "

You need to see a doctor...

What are the 9/11 lies you refer to?