Malaysian airlines plane missing

Do you know what Inmarsat do?

Not even Einstein could work out an equation without all contributing factors and reach the true answer. its a guess at best.

---------- Post added 24-03-2014 at 21:20 ----------

Do you believe any of what's said to have happened?

A plane went missing and hasnt been found yet!

That about sums it up.

Not even Einstein could work out an equation without all contributing factors and reach the true answer. its a guess at best.
Not often this happens, but I literally burst out laughing at reading this!

And you know how to operate a computing device and post on an Internet Forum?!?

Astounding! Nay, flabbergasting!!:hihi:

You really haven't much of a clue have you?

Go on then tell me how you work out an equation correctly without knowing values?

Youll come up with a guess.

---------- Post added 24-03-2014 at 21:27 ----------

What makes you think that bit is even true?

Well its been a nice diversion from the problems with Russia if nothing else!

Mmmmmm now theres a thought ! Ha ha.

---------- Post added 24-03-2014 at 21:29 ----------

Not often this happens, but I literally burst out laughing at reading this!

And you know how to operate a computing device and post on an Internet Forum?!?

Astounding! Nay, flabbergasting!!:hihi:

Enlighten me then.

Infact heres an equation for you

10+?-?x?=

go on easy isnt it.

It's simple - you feed in assumptions repeatedly and see how the results match up with existing, known, outcomes.

When your results match closely, repeatedly, with an existing case, you can assign a level of certainty to the assumptions you fed in.

If you score your assumptions on how closely they match known results, then you can use bayesian principles to determine how likely it is any given set of assumptions is correct.

I gather inmarsat were using information about the doppler shifting of the signal to help determine, with presumably a statistical analysis, the last known location of the aircraft.

There are guesses, and there are educated guesses.

See if you can guess what kind of guess your guess is?

Do you not agree with what ive said? You cant work it out without information, which by the way they do not have.

Inmarsat said that yesterday it had done new calculations on the limited data that it had received from the plane in order to come to its conclusion. McLaughlin told CNN that it was a "groundbreaking but traditional" piece of mathematics which was then checked by others in the space industry.

There you go look,that's how they did it,some guys who send people to the moon were involved too..........oh,hang on a minute,they never landed on the moon did they/:D

Yes, in the very deep ocean, hardly worth the resources and risk to recover them theyll say given the fact they have all the data now apparently.

The only data they have said they have today is that they know the aircraft was in the southern hemisphere, and that with it within the previously announced areas, that limits it's location to a much smaller area, one where it would be impossible for it to read land and land. Therefore the only option is that it has crashed into the sea.

Nobody knows why it crashed, how it got wherever it ended up, or even exactly where that is. All it means is that they now know there are no survivors.

Until they get the data recorders, both of them, back, we won't know what happened, and how to prevent it from happening in the future.

Go on then tell me how you work out an equation correctly without knowing values?

Youll come up with a guess.

---------- Post added 24-03-2014 at 21:27 ----------

Well its been a nice diversion from the problems with Russia if nothing else!

Mmmmmm now theres a thought ! Ha ha.

---------- Post added 24-03-2014 at 21:29 ----------

Enlighten me then.

Infact heres an equation for you

10+?-?x?=

go on easy isnt it.

But if I had another equation that said 10+?-?x?=22 then I could have a reasonable chance of solving it...Inmarsat have the paths and pings of other aircraft to compare the data from the Malaysian flight to ie they have the "22"