Malaysian airlines plane missing

Aliens obviously. Plane has been seen on the runway at Area 51, or at least something with wings has.

In reality, Occam's razor in my opinion - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payne_Stewart

*edit*

Added what I think to be the relevant bit :

At 9:33 AM EDT the pilots did not respond to a call to change radio frequencies, and there was no further contact from the plane. The plane was, apparently, still on autopilot and angled off-course, as observed by several U.S. Air Force (and Air National Guard) F-16 fighter aircraft as it continued its flight over the southern and midwestern United States. The military pilots observed frost or condensation on the windshield (consistent with loss of cabin pressure) which obscured the cockpit, and no motion was visible through the small patch of windshield that was clear.

National Transportation Safety Board investigators later concluded that the plane suffered a loss of cabin pressure and that all on board died of hypoxia as the plane passed to the West of Gainesville, Florida. A delay of only a few seconds in donning oxygen masks, coupled with cognitive and motor skill impairment, could have been enough to result in the pilots' incapacitation. The NTSB report showed that the plane had several instances of maintenance work related to cabin pressure in the months leading up to the accident. The NTSB was unable to determine whether they stemmed from a common problem – replacements and repairs were documented, but not the pilot discrepancy reports that prompted them or the frequency of such reports. The report gently chides Sunjet Aviation for the possibility that this would have made the problem harder to identify, track and resolve; as well as the fact that in at least one instance the plane was flown with an unauthorized maintenance deferral for cabin pressure problems.

Edited by whiteowl

I've just been watching today's press conference from KL.to tell you the truth I'm starting to feel sorry for the malaysian gov,every time I turn on the tv its screaming, hysterical families. throwing things and literally fighting. like I've said before who's whipping them up into this frenzy?:suspect:

anybody wonder why the media are focusing on only one set of victims. 154 were Chinese, , but 85 were not. What about the families of the other 85 Are they demonstrating? Demanding their children back?why is This story being reported from only one angle? because the sight of enraged and grief-stricken people sells newspapers.?

imagine if this catastrophe involved a Chinese plane. Would the victims be allowed to behave in this manner?

when disasters happen in china. There is a cover up and the government prosecutes and imprisons anyone who tries to uncover the truth. See the recent earthquake as a perfect example. protests only occur in China with their government's approval and usually because they target foreign governments (usually Japan's.)

anybody else think the Chinese government are exploiting their citizens' grief to cover up their own corrupt weakness.

The families are furious now because they have offered proof that the flight it lost.

I think it has always been assumed it was until it was confirmed, but the lack of confirmation gave the families hope and they are wanting to hang onto it. No amount of will or protest is going to change anything.

RIP to those lost.

The families are furious now because they have offered proof that the flight it lost.

I think it has always been assumed it was until it was confirmed, but the lack of confirmation gave the families hope and they are wanting to hang onto it. No amount of will or protest is going to change anything.

RIP to those lost.

Indeed. The families have been increasingly desperately clinging onto a false hope and now that's been dashed it's hitting them hard. It probably would have been better for them if the plane had crashed on land and left a hole containing a load of twisted wreckage and body parts.

With all due respect to the impressive work done by Inmarsat I'd want to see physical evidence of a crash if I was a relative. Granted all hope is lost but based on the complete mishandling of the incident by the Malaysians I wouldn't be trusting them.

With all due respect to the impressive work done by Inmarsat I'd want to see physical evidence of a crash if I was a relative. Granted all hope is lost but based on the complete mishandling of the incident by the Malaysians I wouldn't be trusting them.

The data from Inmarsat is being used to refine the search area (from about a 1/3 of the planet to a few thousand square miles), it doesn't replace actually finding debris.

The point of the announcement is that at the time of the last confirmed communication and the approximate location and resources / capability of the aircraft at the time, it would be impossible for it to land somewhere. And with the lack of a whole load of people floating around on rafts with emergency location beacons, there is no alternative than it crashed without survivors.

The circumstances surrounding the incident are such that it would be very unlikely for the various authorities to abandon the search and just leave it lying wherever it ended up. Too many people, not just the relatives of the passengers, want answers.