Malaysian airlines plane missing

well some do seem to have the logical thinking of a 4 year old

The 4 year old's logic has just been on the news saying they are sending one down and its renewed hope in finding it as it has the best technology to do the job.

Best technology to do the job eh ?

You aught to have a 'lets think about this first' sticker on your keyboard. ;)

Possibly because the aircraft never came within a thousand miles of Diego Garcia....

Diego Garcia military and intelligence base – has a gamut of advanced observation and detection equipment which should have facilitated the search of the Malaysian airlines plane.

quote/Reuters (28th March, 2014, quoted by Matthias Chang):

The US has a state of the art spy satellite system, with very precise capabilities of monitoring the earth’s surface, including moving objects. These technologies are part of the United States Space Surveillance Network. The Diego Garcia base “is one of only a handful of locations equipped with a Ground-based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance system for tracking objects in deep space”. Given the levels of sophistication of these observation technologies, it is highly unlikely that the MH370 flight could have travelled unnoticed over a large span of the Indian Ocean.

The Diego Garcia base “is one of only a handful of locations equipped with a Ground-based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance system for tracking objects in deep space”. .

How would this help to find something under the ocean?

They say it's impossible to find one of the American nuclear missile submarines, this is a huge metal device with lots of crew, a nuclear reactor and all sorts of machinery. What are the chances of finding the the small black box?

Ok I jest a little, but the difficult thing about about finding the black box is knowing where to look. When you have isolated the area then it can be found. If the area relatively shallow, and you have a bit of luck maybe you'll find quite early, if not it can take a long time.

It took 2 years to find the black box of Air France flight 447, even though they knew roughly where the plane crashed, that was with the help of one of Frances nuclear submarines, which didn't find it.

The first place i would look would be on the 08.11 Inmarsat line,

everyone seems to agree that the plane was there at 08.11, and then expand search South East parrallel to this line on the assumption the plane flew on a little longer, plus the ocean current is eastwards.

most of the search is west of inmarsat line - the plane cant be there unless it doubled back.

---------- Post added 02-04-2014 at 13:54 ----------

How would this help to find something under the ocean?

it wouldn't ,the point is you'd think with all their hi tech monitoring equipment they'd have picked up on something in that region before it crashed

I think there are still a lot of question marks against these Immarsat calculations and the Doppler Effect theory that they backed them up with.It looks like some experts are still not ruling out the Northern route as the way the plane went,and the longer it goes without wreckage being found in the Indian Ocean is only going to fuel speculation based on the scant knowledge anyone has,plus the constant changing of story from authorities in Malaysia.

My argument was thus, if the plane was attempting a ocean landing & the pilot was partially successful but the plane flipped onto its back then as the main & aux batteries was in the belly, the aerials that ping the ground to measure the planes height from the ground are also located here 2, could it be possible that if it took the plane 5 hours or so to sink, could that explain the pings? Irmersat sent me a reply, it was basically a no comment, draw your own conclusions, I also think the plane never made it off Indonesias west coast, follow the link below for why. If you want to see the original images just ask, on the original images you can use the on screen ruler & make your own judgement on whether I am right or not.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing

---------- Post added 02-04-2014 at 17:52 ----------

Diego Garcia military and intelligence base – has a gamut of advanced observation and detection equipment which should have facilitated the search of the Malaysian airlines plane.

quote/Reuters (28th March, 2014, quoted by Matthias Chang):

The US has a state of the art spy satellite system, with very precise capabilities of monitoring the earth’s surface, including moving objects. These technologies are part of the United States Space Surveillance Network. The Diego Garcia base “is one of only a handful of locations equipped with a Ground-based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance system for tracking objects in deep space”. Given the levels of sophistication of these observation technologies, it is highly unlikely that the MH370 flight could have travelled unnoticed over a large span of the Indian Ocean.

Which again support my belief the plane never made it off Indonesias west coast.

Edited by DREWRAT@TOUC

My argument was thus, if the plane was attempting a ocean landing & the pilot was partially successful but the plane flipped onto its back then as the main & aux batteries was in the belly, the aerials that ping the ground to measure the planes height from the ground are also located here 2, could it be possible that if it took the plane 5 hours or so to sink, could that explain the pings? Irmersat sent me a reply, it was basically a no comment, draw your own conclusions, I also think the plane never made it off Indonesias west coast, follow the link below for why. If you want to see the original images just ask, on the original images you can use the on screen ruler & make your own judgement on whether I am right or not.

Your link doesn't work....Didn't Inmarsat know the speed the plane was moving because of the doppler effect on the pings...?would a floating plans move as quickly as a flying one?