Ruined countries

Wars are wars no matter how you sugar coat it, and feel free to write me off, I am non returnable !!! :hihi:

I mean, leave these war torn areas to finish their mass self destruction, no interfering, no involvement from other lands.

That way we can use what is left of their burnt out cinders to create a proper civilisation, free from wars and scarcity.

So will you be drawing your next benefit payment then? You are an aid recipient.

By keeping these countries you deride as stable as possible we are preventing future War.

Hard to say, japan ended up with two major cities nuked but Russia was hammered by conventional weapons and had the greatest number of casualties.

Agree. How would you define "affected by", it is a broad term.

I would say it was Germany. They suffered the 3rd most casualties (after China and USSR), had their country divided up and given to the victorious powers. The death count of German people after the war was just over half that of the Holocaust. Germany are still paying reparations today and are still occupied in places by the British and the US.

However, arguments could be had for Russia (most people killed), Poland (highest % of people killed), China (2nd highest people killed), India (many people killed, aftermath led to separation of Pakistan and Bangladesh) and a few South East Asian countries like Burma (then French Indo-China) whom suffered terribly under the Japanese.

Considering we were one of the main aggressors, the death toll and devastation in our country was low in relative terms, the long term effect on the UK was profound. We lost our Empire.

Agree. How would you define "affected by", it is a broad term.

I would say it was Germany. They suffered the 3rd most casualties (after China and USSR), had their country divided up and given to the victorious powers. The death count of German people after the war was just over half that of the Holocaust. Germany are still paying reparations today and are still occupied in places by the British and the US.

However, arguments could be had for Russia (most people killed), Poland (highest % of people killed), China (2nd highest people killed), India (many people killed, aftermath led to separation of Pakistan and Bangladesh) and a few South East Asian countries like Burma (then French Indo-China) whom suffered terribly under the Japanese.

Considering we were one of the main aggressors, the death toll and devastation in our country was low in relative terms, the long term effect on the UK was profound. We lost our Empire.

To be fair, I think WW1 cost us out empire. The Empire was built upon the wealth created by trade, and WW1 seriously disrupted trade for a long while after. WW2 certainly did hasten the process. WW2 seriously discredited colonialism in a couple of ways. Firstly, the defeats by the Japanese discredited our military strength to many of the colonialists. Secondly, the Holocaust seriously discredited the racist theories that underpinned colonialism here at home in Europe.

Well, most of the world was rebuild after World War 2 but wars and conflicts have lasted much longer than that.

There are whole nations in a pile of crumbled ashes from decades and centuries of civil mass slaughter.

So, there are a bunch of countries that can be written off to the ages, no longer able to contribute to this world.

Corruption, greed, politics, poverty, war, genocide, rape, pillaging, abuse, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!!!

Reading between the lines here but are you annoyed we give out foreign aid?

I mean, leave these war torn areas to finish their mass self destruction, no interfering, no involvement from other lands.

That way we can use what is left of their burnt out cinders to create a proper civilisation, free from wars and scarcity.

What does this signify ?

A change of medication ?

Why do you write such nonsense ?

Obama has just pledged a billion dollars to the Ukraine. Why couldnt the EU have given it instead? The Germans have money coming out of their ears.

It's always the same. Money galore for people and countries everywhere and yet our local schools and library have to rely in part on voluntary donations to keep programs fully operational.

Just sad and who gives a crap about the Ukraine anyway

Archived