Aggressive mugs

"the gays"

You sound like Borat :hihi:.

No, he is Russian or somewhere like that. I actually like a lot of gay things (a gay band called Soft Cell, that David Beckham underwear advert etc).

---------- Post added 10-03-2014 at 21:10 ----------

No, he is Russian or somewhere like that. I actually like a lot of gay things (a gay band called Soft Cell, that David Beckham underwear advert etc).

Also Louis Spence (dancing gay from the telly).

It was attacking everybody. I think the use of such an aggressive slogan is a massive own goal by the gay campaign group. I challenge homophobic fools if ever I see such silliness but it is a mistake to make assumptions like that mug does.

I think the slogan serves its purpose. My experience is that it isn't gay people who have the issue, but those people that don't like them do. For those of us, like yourself, who challenge homophobic fools, the slogan shouldn't be a problem.

The slogan is confrontational, but when you've got a limited amount of space and time to get the message across that homophobia is unacceptable - it's difficult to think of an alternative.

If you can think up something different email Stonewall, I think they're the ones that pioneered it.

I think the slogan serves its purpose. My experience is that it isn't gay people who have the issue, but those people that don't like them do. For those of us, like yourself, who challenge homophobic fools, the slogan shouldn't be a problem.

The slogan is confrontational, but when you've got a limited amount of space and time to get the message across that homophobia is unacceptable - it's difficult to think of an alternative.

If you can think up something different email Stonewall, I think they're the ones that pioneered it.

There are several phrases that would work better without being aggressive. e.g.

HOMOPHOBIA IS UNACCEPTABLE

THE GAYS ARE PEOPLE TOO

STOP BULLYING ON THE GROUNDS OF SEXUALITY

GAY AND PROUD

GAY IN BOTH SENSES OF THE WORD

etc

I'll email that guy tomorrow (Stonewaller)

There are several phrases that would work better without being aggressive. e.g.

HOMOPHOBIA IS UNACCEPTABLE

THE GAYS ARE PEOPLE TOO

STOP BULLYING ON THE GROUNDS OF SEXUALITY

GAY AND PROUD

GAY IN BOTH SENSES OF THE WORD

etc

I'll email that guy tomorrow (Stonewaller)

Not to mention,

BEING GAY IS FOR LIFE, NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS

Archived