Looking for Albert Fletcher

I'm trying to find my father whom is called Albert Fletcher, he's in his mid eighties. He married my mother Catherine and they had 4 children. I'm the youngest. I haven't seen my father for around 17 years. His last known address was Buxton (I've been and he no longer lives there). My father used to work on the railway and Brown Baileys before that. I heard on the old Sheffield grapevine that he'd married a Jamaican lady called Pearl (don't know if this is true).

I would appreciate any information on the whereabouts of my dad if anyone can help - please!!! :help:

p.s I am the youngest daughter of "Bert", and chopper-paul is my husbands forum name.

Edited by chopper-paul
to explain user name

I knew your father from Brown Baileys it was only the other day I spoke to a old work friend who asked about him. He was a crane driver at Bailys I heard Albert went on railway after finishing at Baileys and lived in Derbyshire Chesterfield I think Remember he had a thee wheeler car and came off the manor went to the house once years ago before he divorced good look in finding him he is a gent

• 6 months later...

Hi Raymondo1952,

Firstly, i apologize for not replying to you in march. Believe it or not, I've only just seen your message just now.

I'm still no closer to finding him. Only you have replied. I remember that car, i didn't like.

We were from the manor also. We moved when my parents separated.

would you ask any of your former colleagues if they know any information please?

Thank you

Dawn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Raymondo and other readers,

I have found my dads old address in Buxton and it has been confirmed that he did have a girlfriend called Pearl and that they moved to Africa around the years 1997-2000 approx

Does anyone know a lady called Pearl, who moved abroad to Africa with a man called Albert around these times? Is she from Sheffield, Buxton or Manchester maybe? are you related to Pearl? Can u help me trace my dad????

I would be grateful for any info please!

Thank you for reading!!!!

• 1 year later...