Man on death row for 25 years walks free

I read about this this morning, I'm gutted for the bloke. I know all too well how lost time can affect you but 25 years knowing you could be put to death at any moment must be horrific. I hope he and what were once his family get compensated millions and he gets to live the rest of his life in pure bliss with therapists on tap.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26540604

What it says really, a man convicted of murder and sentenced to death has been on death row for 25 years - he has finally been released after being exonerated

How on earth can he be compensated for the years he has lost?

If you support the death penalty, what do you think about this story?

I think I would have preferred to be executed rather than spend 25 years on death row, I wouldn't object to being cryogenically frozen though and thawed out when they find me not guilty.

But reading a little about his case and being a supporter of the death penalty, I wouldn't have had him on death row anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26540604

What it says really, a man convicted of murder and sentenced to death has been on death row for 25 years - he has finally been released after being exonerated

How on earth can he be compensated for the years he has lost?

If you support the death penalty, what do you think about this story?

It seems they're not going to try, according to the article, the state he was imprisoned by place a cap on the level of compensation in such cases, for him it's about £200k.

---------- Post added 12-03-2014 at 17:13 ----------

I read about this this morning, I'm gutted for the bloke. I know all too well how lost time can affect you but 25 years knowing you could be put to death at any moment must be horrific. I hope he and what were once his family get compensated millions and he gets to live the rest of his life in pure bliss with therapists on tap.

He'd probably prefer dancing girls.

I think I would have preferred to be executed rather than spend 25 years on death row,

at least being imprisoned for 25 years for a crime you didn't commit means you do get some chance of life eventually

if the jury's wishes had been granted, his life would have been over

at least being imprisoned for 25 years for a crime you didn't commit means you do get some chance of life eventually

if the jury's wishes had been granted, his life would have been over

I personalty wouldn't want to endure 25 years in prison, especially on death row, death would be much more humane.

Archived