Man on death row for 25 years walks free

How would you stop convicted murderers and rapist from murdering and raping more innocent people.

No system is infallible, I am sure that a great deal of people do not go on to Murder again after being convicted and incarcerated for it once, but some will go on and do it again.

What your proposing is that we sacrifice all those people that are wrongly convicted and those where the system works for the few where it does not.

If you can't come out with hard figures to say that its more beneficial to change the law then its because your wrong and your reasoning is wholly emotive.

Your the one that's coming out with stuff about murderers killing two and all that, so its for you to back up what your saying and not for me to prove otherwise.

People with far more knowledge of it all than yourself have introduced the law we have so if your saying it should be different then prove why its wrong instead of wanting folk to go on your gut feeling.

It isn't a gut feeling, murderers and rapists are released from prison and some go on to kill and rape again, its a fact.

It's not possible to know the future so your argument has failed. You did fail to answer my question though, which I guess really does suggest that your answer would be no.

Of cause you can know the future.

Here is a future prediction, one murderer will be released from prison and he will kill an innocent person.

Of cause you can know the future.

Here is a future prediction, one murderer will be released from prison and he will kill an innocent person.

Your right.

Here is another future prediction, a man or woman will be killed by the state even though they have been wrongly convicted if we changed it to what you want.

Yes, because the law has to be fair and not vindictive.

The probability of it happening is slimmer than the probability of you killing innocent people or people that may not go on to commit further crimes.

So you think it is more likely that the courts will convict in innocent man of murder, than a convicted man be released from prison and kill again?

What facts? When we asked you for figures you answered plenty! It looks more like you're relying upon your own assumptions than facts.

What facts have you presented to support your stance?

---------- Post added 13-03-2014 at 22:55 ----------

No system is infallible, I am sure that a great deal of people do not go on to Murder again after being convicted and incarcerated for it once, but some will go on and do it again.

What your proposing is that we sacrifice all those people that are wrongly convicted and those where the system works for the few where it does not.

If you can't come out with hard figures to say that its more beneficial to change the law then its because your wrong and your reasoning is wholly emotive.

How many people are wrongly convicted of murder each year?

---------- Post added 13-03-2014 at 22:55 ----------

And a lot more don't, fact.

That doesn't really help the innocent people that are murdered by the ones that do.

Archived