Boris Johnson's sister begs on the street to buy mince.

There is someone I know in tonight's programme. I'll be interested to see how he is portrayed.

Assuming it's the bloke from Sheffield, I thought he was an incredibly decent and proud man doing his best as a single father, and his kids were just adorable. I don't usually get very emotional watching stuff on TV but I was definitely welling up when the dad told the kid he was volunteering at the kitchen, you could see how much pride and love he had for his dad.

I felt really sorry for Rachel Johnson though getting stuck with a complete set of dingles.

First, it was the bankers who caused this financial crisis.

Is there anything you don't blame bankers for? Do you even know what bankers actually do for a living?

If you have a pension, savings or any form of bank account, bankers generate wealth and are therefore a force for good. If some of them have earned a sizeable bonus, good luck to them - they've earned it.

If you have a pension, savings or any form of bank account, bankers generate wealth and are therefore a force for good. If some of them have earned a sizeable bonus, good luck to them - they've earned it.

some bankers invest sensibly and wisely and make a profit, some are reckless and make massive losses

not all bankers are involved in investment and not all that are are "a force for good" - i know - i was one once

Is there anything you don't blame bankers for? Do you even know what bankers actually do for a living?

Er, Nick Leeson.:suspect:

About as logical an argument as citing Harold Shipman as proof that all GPs are serial killers. :rolleyes:

no, but the logic of your argument is that if some bankers do good, then they all do

quite clearly not all GPs are murderers, not all bankers are bad, but it doesn't follow that there aren't any bad ones

My pension has halved in size thanks to the bankers; £100,000 pension pot is now worth £4,800 p.a. as opposed to £12,000 just before the financial crisis of 2008. Savings now attract less than 1% interest as opposed to 5%+ and have done for the 6 years since the banking crisis, and as for generating wealth, they have bankrupted the country. They have failed miserably to turn things around and are still being done for corruption and misselling. And for this they award themselves over 1.5 BILLION in bonuses.

You bet I blame the bankers.

As Tony Benn stated in a speech, 'Too much money and wealth is in the hands of too few'.

---------- Post added 14-03-2014 at 16:54 ----------

Is there anything you don't blame bankers for?

Bankers were the cause of the worse depression since the thirties, fact.

Furthermore, and this may come as a shock to AnnaB, these types of TV programmes are heavily edited to convey a message. The BBc is renowned for its left wing stance and hatred of the Conservatives so you're hardly going to get a fair and accurate representation of the facts on a programme such as this.

Just watched Nigel Farage and Norman Lamont on Sunday Politics being interviewed by Andrew Neil. I'm trying to think who's less convincing: you, Nigel, Norman or Andrew?

I'm going for you just ahead of Andrew Neil's barnet.

PS: I'll expect a reply tomorrow between nine and five.

If the person was the man from Sheffield, I thought he came across very well.

A decent man and a lovely father. I hope his luck improves and I wish him well.

I agree Anna - and what great boys he had, there was obviously a wealth of love in his home.

I felt sorry for the two unfortunate girls with parents who chose to smoke and feed the dog rather than feed them properly.

Archived