Will The Owls Ever Recover?

will the owls ever recover their status  

94 members have voted

1. 1. will the owls ever recover their status

• yes
    • no
    • dont know

yeah but they're back in the premiership!

It saddens me to see wednesday as they are now. Not sure about Bates either, people tend to forget Chelsea were in big financial trouble before he sold them.

I think the rot set in with Pleat and Dave Richards, although have to confess to being one of the ones shouting 'Francis Out' after Forest put 7 past us at home.:mad:

• 3 weeks later...

I don't support either but have watched with interest where the clubs have gone over the years and despite the positions in the leagues at the moment Sheff Weds have always and still will be regarded as the 'bigger' team in Sheffield...and thats the opinions from fans of different clubs....bigger ground, bigger fan base, more illustrious history than Sheff Utd, better players who played in world cups etc etc....i always get the impression from varying posts on the forum regarding Sheff U v Sheff Weds that blades fans seem to always want to prove they are bigger and snipe at Wednesday whereas Sheff Weds fans tend to concentrate more on bigging up their own club instead of going on about rivals......just my humble opinion

Originally posted by spook

yeah but they're back in the premiership!

It saddens me to see wednesday as they are now. Not sure about Bates either, people tend to forget Chelsea were in big financial trouble before he sold them.

I think the rot set in with Pleat and Dave Richards, although have to confess to being one of the ones shouting 'Francis Out' after Forest put 7 past us at home.:mad:

Actually you are wrong about Chelsea spook...like or dislike Bates he bought Chelsea for £1 and turned that club around to what it is now and cleared off a hell of a lot of debt and invested a hell of a lot of money....Chelsea village to name one Bates success...they were in danger of going undr before Bates took over

no sheffield club will ever be a ''big club'' again...the gulf between the top 4 and the rest is getting too much......

leeds are a prime example of this....

wednesdays problems started when they also tried...

even my beloved Blades nearly commited financial suicide under mr.howard kendal...paying over inflated wages in a hope to get to the promised land...yes we came close but the financial hangover took years to get over......

the only way the blades or pigs will ever be big will be if some rich russian moves in.....or his equivelant............

LIVING IN A WARNOCK WONDERLAND......

lol, who cares, I'm a Norwich fan. I know we're never gonna win a top trophy. The most sucess i can hope for is being a charlton - pushing for europe when we have a good season. The top 3 plus newcastle, Liverpool maybe a couple of others will always be there. for the rest of us we can only live on memories and dreams :)

Until we win the premiership next year that is!! :P

btw, when were each last in the top division?

• 3 weeks later...

I cant believe all these Bramall Lane piggies actually thinking they watch football every week! ha ha ha!!

Utd have always been 2nd, always will be, it doesn't matter if The Owls are below you at the moment, we know and so does everyone else in Britain that Wednesday are the bigger & better club . . so go put your shirts on, run around and oink till you drop! enjoy it while it lasts - it wont be for long.

Archived