Pubs in Walkley these days....

I work in this region and would safely say that the Hadfield is by far the best pub of the lot. It is the one pub I go to after work.

It's clean, bright, always lively, has three pool tables, excellent cheap food, decent beer and Sky Sports on large screens.

The Springvale is cold by comparison - it just feels dull and boring and I've not had a decent pint in there in ages.

I used to like the Hallamshire years ago (when it served a decent pint of [original] Wards) but like the Springvale, I get the impression they don't like turning the heating on.

The Closed Shop is 'okay' although it's the pub I'm least likely to go into. Further up, the Cobden View is very good serving excellent ales.

But The Hadfield wins hands down for me. (It's also a two minute walk from my business premises.)

I work in this region and would safely say that the Hadfield is by far the best pub of the lot. It is the one pub I go to after work.

It's clean, bright, always lively, has three pool tables, excellent cheap food, decent beer and Sky Sports on large screens.

<delurk>

Does the Hadfield have real ales these days then?

I lost my wallet in the Hadfield last year :rant:

Asked at the bar about it, all I got was the Landlord bleating about how there is NO crime in his pub so it could not have been stolen :loopy::rant:

Erm... you lost it, so that makes the pub full of thieves?

No, all I did was ask at the bar to see if it had been handed in :rant:

And all I got was some jobsworth Landlord bleating about how it couldn't possibly have been pinched because crime does NOT happen in HIS pub.,, :loopy::rant:

No, all I did was ask at the bar to see if it had been handed in :rant:

And all I got was some jobsworth Landlord bleating about how it couldn't possibly have been pinched because crime does NOT happen in HIS pub.,, :loopy::rant:

I have worked at this pub and I think you may have got muddled by what was said. We used to have loads of purses,bags,phones wallets etc handed in every week that it would be unusual for something to be stolen. But then if your stupid enough to leave your phone lying around you deserve to lose it. Its your responsibility to look after your own property not the pubs.

Archived