"Continuous improvement" methodology now exists within the government.

From being an intuitive manager and teaching children on their learning is so different to working for the government, and always be under scrutiny. That is the point. The responsibility is also very different.

I was reading a linkedin profile the other day of this female IT personnel within the government department as well, and I can see that she too started out as a librarian and got up to the level of CIO, and then now the head of security ? I wonder how she has managed to do this, or if people are promoted for the same of it. Shouldn't you know about the advancement of technologies too?

Sometimes I just think that it is not possible to actually find this kind of skills from anybody unless they have been working with those industries and is very indepth into it. I have also seen adverts within IT asking for very very specific set of skills like an entire MBA, plus a Degree, plus working experience. So how would any person be left to their own to think about strategies and working through that kind of challenges to begin with ? Technology advanced within the last 20 years and it is not even possible.

I think sometimes people are unrealistic. I was reading this article too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26480383

Boris wants the next Zuckerberg in the UK. Does he even know how Zuckerberg managed to get where he is now ? It was almost a betrayal between a few people, and they got their mates to actually produce the code, and then cheated out of them in the end, as they were naive and did not put into place the legal boundaries related to their work. He then got investments from venture capitalist only because Wall Street backers knew that is the next phase of the technology development and had this momentum going already. UK never caught the IT wave, and it has less people than the US. Silicon Valley always had the skills in technology. I think he wants marketing people basically and not techies. As London is great on marketing, and being a fashion hub. I think he is actually missing the understanding.

I do not understand why the governments do not keep their eyes on what is being mentioned and happening in the actual commercial world.

http://www.theguardian.com/local-government-network/2014/mar/14/silicon-roundabout-hackney-council-tech-clusters

Cambridge is also one of the technology hot beds in the UK with many startups launching there and going onto big things.

Archived